Noobs in the kitchen, Day 1

Kimbo8

Just started today! I'm a little overwhelmed..I'm not used to multitasking so much in the kitchen. Prep day was rough yesterday. My homemade mayo was a disaster..I melted a mixing bowl to my burner, and I dropped a bowl if homemade sauce all over the floor after fighting with a food processor that still isn't behaving. Thank god for my puppies and a mop. Anyone else feel like they should be in an episode of America's worst cooks?

Here's to trying the mayo again today! 

Thank you :)

I was finally able to do it today as well! 

Also learned not to measure out ingredients over your mixing bowl...one twitch and you pour in half the salt can. Also, mayo is slippery..and it splatters pretty well. I wish I was making this up. 

• Moderators

Oh gosh.... I'm sorry... I"m laughing at your description a bit too but really, it gets easier... look at all the things you're learning already!  Soon you'll be a full fledged cook who doesn't measure and makes up their own recipes... (this coming from the person who used to make a bagel and cheese sandwich for dinner every night and now makes soups that would make your eyes roll back!)

Archived