Constantly amazed

Grandma Judy

I completed my first Whole 30 - and then did most of the re-entry.  Never felt anything different introducing any food groups.

I am in awe at my lack of cravings and desire for non-whole 30 foods.  I'm so much more mindful of what I'm eating and do not do the mindless "see food diet" I did for years.  I've been sick with a bad cough/bronchitis.  In the past, I've had ice cream or something that felt good on my throat.  Now I find myself asking = what do I want for a treat?  And the answer is usually "nothing".  How is this possible?  I have upped my fruit - especially citrus because that seems like a no brainer with being sick.  And, if I have extra fruit instead of sugary sweets - so what?

I keep thinking - "who is this woman?"  It's just amazing to me - and I'm not even trying.  I'm experimenting with little bits of non whole 30 foods - and I'm able to not get into automatic eating with them.  Nothing has triggered me, so far.

I am absolutely not complaining.  I'm just amazed - and find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop.  When will this change?  when does the old me come back?  Is this all in my mind?

Thanks for listening.......has anyone else experienced this?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived