Started Today!

Susan.G

UGH! yes, I am cooking for all of us. Yesterday (day four) I made lasagna for my family, and I made chicken in the crockpot for me. I have to say it was the first time it didn't bother me  to prepare "their" food. I didn't have the urge to taste anything they were eating. I no longer go to the pantry closet hunting for something to eat.  I do think I'm eating too much fruit so I am making an effort to cut back. I also am experiencing muscle weakness. I usually workout 5 days a week. Today I could only manage 30 minutes of cardio. Do you have a headache? I've had a headache since day 2-not a pounding headache but a mild dull headache. Good luck - I hope things are going well for you.

• Moderators

It's pretty normal for workouts to suffer some in your first week or two as your body adjusts to this way of eating. Make sure you're following the guidelines in the meal template for pre- and post-workout meals, and remember that they are in addition to your three regular meals. Also be sure you're drinking enough water (1/2 oz per pound of body weight, more if you're sweating a lot -- so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz of water a day), and be sure you're salting your food to taste.

I know a lot of people try to find meals where they don't have to fix entire second meals for their family, just an extra side or some bread -- so you could plan burgers one night and all use the same meat and vegetable toppings, you just either don't have yours on a bun or you use something like a lettuce or collard green wrap or portobello mushrooms instead of the bun, and they can have cheese but you don't. Serve them with oven roasted potato or sweet potato chunks, and maybe some Whole30 compliant coleslaw or salads like these for extra vegetables. Or you could do a taco night and make meat that you can eat, then you have taco salad, and they have theirs on tortillas or taco shells. Finding meals like this could save you some time and effort in the kitchen -- although cooking something just for you does mean you're more likely to have leftovers for lunch the next day, so maybe it wouldn't really save much time.

Archived