Chicken Apple Sausage

Bellmaestra

One of my go-to products is Aidelle's Chicken Apple Sausage links. No added sugar; just chicken, salt, dried apples, fruit juice. Pretty much good stuff.

So, last week I absent-mindedly picked up some chicken apple sausage without looking closely. It was a similar-looking package in the same spot in the grocery store. Today I went to put it in some soup and saw the subtitle "With Real Vermont Maple Syrup!" And maple syrup is the SECOND ingredient on the list.

So, if you pick up Al Fresco sausage instead of Aidelle's, be warned.

Stephanie

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Bellmaestra said:

One of my go-to products is Aidelle's Chicken Apple Sausage links. No added sugar; just chicken, salt, dried apples, fruit juice. Pretty much good stuff.

So, last week I absent-mindedly picked up some chicken apple sausage without looking closely. It was a similar-looking package in the same spot in the grocery store. Today I went to put it in some soup and saw the subtitle "With Real Vermont Maple Syrup!" And maple syrup is the SECOND ingredient on the list.

So, if you pick up Al Fresco sausage instead of Aidelle's, be warned.

Stephanie

UGH the worst! I love Aidells so much too. If you're ever looking for another chicken/apple option for when Aidells isn't available, I found another brand that is compliant and also pretty good too - Coleman Organics. It's in green packaging!

Archived