tachycardia (fast heart rate)

I've had issues on and off with tachycardia for most of my life.  As an adult, it always gets worse when I gain weight, especially in my abdomen.  Since I started Whole30 five days ago, I've had two days where I woke up with a pulse in the 110's-120's, and I am absolutely exhausted.  It's not dehydration or some of the other culprits, and my caffeine intake is decreased since I started.  I am a registered nurse, so I know the obvious causes.  Just wondering if the rapid heart rate issue has been an issue with anyone else.  Thank you!

Actually resting heart rate usually decreases...

Can you give us a run down of what you have been eating & drinking giving specifics on portion sizes, veg types etc. How much water are you drinking? Are you salting your food? How is your sleep?

• 4 months later...

Yes! I have had this horribly for the first 8 days! It does ebb as the day progresses but in the morning, I have been having periods of resting HR of 120+ BPM - and I usually run in the 70s somewhere.   I have been thinking it was more weather and season-related (I have horrible migraines and vertigo, especially this time of year).  

Did this improve for you as the W30 continued?

Also, thank you for using the word "tachycardia" in your post so my google search found it, @seeleygirl!

Archived