February 22 Start Date

Bethany Stewart

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I wanted to start tomorrow but im still trying to get a good grasp on what to do.  If you dont mind me asking questions along the way, i dont mind starting on the 22nd.  Id rather have someone to chat with each step of the way than doing this by myself.  I am also connecting with a wonderful rep of doterra who introduced me to essential oils, whole30 and has been guiding me.  So if i get stuck..shes my go to person :-).  So if your ok with this...ill get myself ready for the 22nd.  Let me know.  thx. Gloria-Starr

• Moderators

@Gloria Starr if you go to whole30.com and look for the button labeled What Is the Whole30, you'll find links to the rules and other resources. Also check out the menus above, under Whole30 look for the Downloads option where you'll find several helpful printable sheets, including a meal template to help you know how much and what to eat, a common additives cheat sheet to help you determine whether certain ingredients are okay or not, and a sneaky sugars list that will help you determine if any of the ingredients in items you are buying are actually sweeteners hiding under unfamiliar names.

No problem Bethany...loll. I did read alot of the materials online and ordered a kindle version of the whole30 book.  Are you doing any other readings?  Ill be doing the 30day body cleanser detoxifer from Doterra too.  Ive been so bloated non stop, with headaches, etc. My primary reason for doing the whole30 is I wanted to have 1 more child before my change of life (menopause) begins.  But i have a feeling that stage is beginning already...grrrr.  So I really hope having one more baby is possible.  Dont want to be Sarahs age from Bible story Sarah and Abrahm to have a baby...loll.  Ive had challenges in having children and the first and only child I have, took me 10 years to finally have.  She was a miracle to begin with.  Shes now 2.  So i need to lose weight and have the 2nd child.  Plus feeling overwieght i feel sluggish and tired all the time.  So a boost of energy will be great too.  What your motivation

I'm planning on starting tomorrow also! Glad to know I will have a couple others starting at the same time! I first heard about this program from my cousins who both did it and loved it. After hearing them talk about it and read about it, I knew it was for me. Last year I had a a few new stressors in my life, moving and a new job, which led to me not having very good eating habits. As a result, I have gained about 15 pounds. With it still being the beginning of the new year, I want to feel better and healthier.  This seems like it is a great way to do that and hopefully I can shed some of that weight I gained and the bad habits I picked up. My husband and I have also started talking about wanting to start trying to start a family in the next year or so, and to do that, I know I want to be my healthiest. I really feel like this program will help me get there! This is also my first time doing The Whole30, so we are all newbies! 

Hey everyone! I am also starting February 22nd as a newbie and would love your support and to support you. I started working as a nurse 5 years ago and since then I have gained 20 lbs. Shift work led me to making some really unhealthy choices, and I found it hard to find time to exercise. I'm looking to form new healthy eating habits, gain energy, and to clear up my skin. 

My husband and I have also been struggling to have a child (it would be our first) for about a year. Not only have I failed to get pregnant, but I've started having pelvic pain/inflammation and hormonal imbalances on top of that. I've also gained some weight, even though I work pretty hard to stay healthy. After reading about Whole30, I think this may be exactly what I'm looking for to start to correct those issues. 

I live in Taiwan, so I'm about half a day ahead of the rest of you (assuming you all live in the States)! So Day 1 has already started for me. :-) 

I'm so glad there are others doing it at the same time!

Thank you everyone for joining in.  Im super excited to know also Im not alone in any of the areas Ive struggled with from weight loss, to having a child.  To encourage you with child bearing heres a bit more of my story.  Watch this youtube video of my sister in and I.  Its very simple but encouraging.  

I live in Massachusetts amd its 6am right now for me so I just started my day 1.  Yesterday I started practicing and prepping for today.  My sisters suggested I start juicing too so I made my first veggie/fruit juice.  Well lets say it wasnt my best.   I realized i will stick the basic foods and possibly juice maybe in the mornings.  Its a process.  

Im a social worker during the day and a balloon artist at night and weekends.  so when i finished a home visit yesterday, half of my face was numb.  So of course thinking the worse , I drove myself to the ER.  Came to find out I had symptoms of bells palsy.  I kept saying great I have to postpone everything due to the anti viral meds and prednezone prescribed.  But after thinking of it, I decided it best to move forward.  I am very determined.   I cant keep stopping and giving up.  Besides its solely 1 week of meds.  I have to undo the many unhealthy habits Ive created so that I can move forward and reach my goals.  So i look forward to hearing how all of your day 1 went.  Enjoy your day/night.  Sincerely Gloria

I am so glad there are others starting today too! I figured most people would start on Monday's but I couldn't start until today. This is my first Whole30 so I really appreciate the support of the forum. We can all do this together! I am dreading my favorite foods that I won't get for at least a month but I am very excited to see what this journey has in store for me.

I'm starting today!  I've spent the weekend and President's day cleaning up the pantry. Last night was prepping.  I made chicken salad (with the homemade mayo) and cut up veggies for a pot roast. I'm doing the Whole30 as an elimination diet.  It was suggest by the nutritionist to help deal with my IBS.

The hardest things I did last week was give up coffee.  The headache lasted for 3 days. :-(

Today has started out well. I took the suggest to think outside the box for breakfast and has some roast beef with wilted spinach for breakfast.  Well see how I feel by lunchtime. LOL

How is everyone's 1st day going? Today is day 2 for me. All is good so far. I doubled up everything I made yesterday (tuna salad & chicken stir fry) so I can have leftovers for breakfast and lunch today. 

I usually drink a glass of wine after my kids are done with activities and running for the day. I had a cup of Aveda Comforting tea instead. It is organic, herbal, caffeine free and naturally sweet (Licorice root, peppermint leaf, sweet fennel and basil). It really is a nice alternative to sweetened drinks.

@CKM I spent a lot of time prepping last night too. I am not a coffee drinker but I do indulge in Coke Zero. I am not looking forward to the headaches from the caffeine withdraws! My day has started out well but that's mostly because I haven't eaten anything yet. I was still full from my last indulgence of a pizza last night. We will see how lunch goes!

Hello all. I am re-starting today, Feb 22. This will be my second Whole30. My husband and I did it Jan 8- mid-Feb. and I felt great. I lost 8 lbs, had so much more energy and motivation, had great moods- less depression and anxiety, and had so much more regular bowels and less bloating. Yay! So it's been nearly 2 weeks since then and I've gone back to wine. Plus we just got back from Orlando where we ate hotel food and theme park food (YUK) and I feel like I'm kind of back where I started. So I'm getting back on the wagon and this time I hope to have a much better plan for the end. I bought and read the book and I've been using Real Plans, which was great. Good luck everybody!

3 hours ago, CKM said:

I'm starting today!  I've spent the weekend and President's day cleaning up the pantry. Last night was prepping.  I made chicken salad (with the homemade mayo) and cut up veggies for a pot roast. I'm doing the Whole30 as an elimination diet.  It was suggest by the nutritionist to help deal with my IBS.

The hardest things I did last week was give up coffee.  The headache lasted for 3 days. :-(

Today has started out well. I took the suggest to think outside the box for breakfast and has some roast beef with wilted spinach for breakfast.  Well see how I feel by lunchtime. LOL

Hello. You don't have to give up coffee if you don't want to but you have to drink it black or w coconut milk

16 minutes ago, Overeducatedopinion said:

Hello. You don't have to give up coffee if you don't want to but you have to drink it black or w coconut milk

Or any other kind of compliant milk, or nutpods, or coconut oil, or ghee.... (or some combination of these)

That said coffee is often a trigger for IBS so I imagine that @CKM has been recommended to eliminate for the duration of her Whole30.

@OSU_EMM SO far it's been OK.  Lunch was a chicken salad w/ toasted slivered almonds, chopped apple and celery on romane lettuce.  Now I'm a bit out from dinner and getting hungry!  Any good snack ideas? I meant to pick up an Epic bar, but didn't. :-(

@jmcbn You are correct, I've been told to give up coffee because of the IBS.  That's the hard part.  I've been drinking coffee for over 25 years!!!

DAY 1 for me too! 

I planned for the next 4 days, but things have no gone according to my plan yet. My grocery trip last night was a little rushed and a forgot a few things! I had to skip breakfast, for lunch had green bell pepper slices wrapped in turkey and dipped in salsa with a hard boiled egg. I'm pretty hungry, but about to grab a small handful of nuts and run to the store to make sure I have everything I need for dinner!

Excited that we can all support each other on this journey! 

@CKM I have been struggling on coming up with good snacks too. Today I had apple with fresh ground almond butter. I also bought some watermelon but I'm trying to make sure I don't eat too much fruit. I made sweet potato tuna cakes for breakfast but had had some extra sweet potato. I'll probably have that is a snack this week. That is as far as I have gotten. If I come up with anything, I'll post on here. 

@madisonbopbop I hate that! I make a solid plan and then something comes up that throws a wrench in it. I hate coming home from the store only to realize I forgot something. Your lunch sounds pretty good though. I may have to try that sometime. I think salsa and guacamole are going to be my saviors.

7 hours ago, OSU_EMM said:

@CKM I spent a lot of time prepping last night too. I am not a coffee drinker but I do indulge in Coke Zero. I am not looking forward to the headaches from the caffeine withdraws! My day has started out well but that's mostly because I haven't eaten anything yet. I was still full from my last indulgence of a pizza last night. We will see how lunch goes!

I rely so much on herbal tea and on the La Croix no calorie, no sweetener sodas! My brain still tells me to have wine though!

Archived