Pre WO meal

ChipM

Today is day 1 of my Whole30. I try to run for an hour 4 or 5 times a week. I have never been a "Pre WO" meal person, and because of my work schedule I most run mid afternoons. As I read thru the treads on this forum most of you eat a hard boiled egg as a pre WO meal, I'm curious if a celery stick with almond or cashew butter would be a good meal? I live in Colorado and prefer to run outside weather permitting, and this time of year that changes on a daily bases. So a pre WO meal is something that can be easily eaten while driving to the gym.

I have always had a protein bar or shake post WO so changing to sweet potatoes with a dusting of cinnamon is not going to be much of an issue for me.

If you've never taken a preWO before now I'd 'suck it and see'.... Just eat a little extra protein & fat in the meal prior to your run, then be sure to eat a postWO of a lean protein along with the starchy carbs. You should be okay, as the preWO protein & fat combo is not meant to be fuel for the run, but rather a signal to your body that food is forthcoming and so it should feel free to burn it's reserves.

If you're going to run in the morning, meaning that your first meal will be more than an hour after wakening, then I'd suggest you eat some kind of a preWO then.

Hope this helps.

Archived