Starting March 1st

Taylor C.

Hi all,

I am starting March 1st which give me eight days to prepare myself, house, and fiance for the pretty dramatic change that is going to be happening. I am excited to be doing this but am also nervous. I have never been able to stick to a diet change and I am ready to say that I have. This is a lifestyle change that I want to get on board with!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I am also planning on starting March 1st. I tried to do a Whole 30 last year, but only lasted 9 days. I'm hoping for better success this time around! I am nervous too mostly because I work nights. There is always candy and junk food at work too. I would love to cure my sugar habit, so we'll see if this helps. 

On 2/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, Taylor C. said:

Hi all,

I am starting March 1st which give me eight days to prepare myself, house, and fiance for the pretty dramatic change that is going to be happening. I am excited to be doing this but am also nervous. I have never been able to stick to a diet change and I am ready to say that I have. This is a lifestyle change that I want to get on board with!

I'm starting too.   No idea what to buy or make yet.   My refrigerator is empty and cupboards almost clear.   I have to do this! 

Me too! I am doing a WholeLent. Just finished my first round of W30 on 2/14...saw lots of improvement, loved how I felt and lost just over 10lbs! 

Am hoping to use this round as a springboard to a more W30 approach to eating overall. 

FYI, my (unsolicited) advice is use the next week to get a few emergency meals prepped and stored in the freezer. You WILL have a day that is just insane and having a premade W30 casserole or soup that you just stick in the microwave will save you from (a) breaking your W30 or (b) eating more eggs. Prepping food takes a serious amount of time, especially when you are just starting out. 

Also...a lot of us from my first round were the only ones we knew doing W30, so the forum board was a GREAT source of support, meal ideas, and info gathering when you ran into an issue. 

We can do this! Looking forward to our journey together! 

2 hours ago, Saritawho? said:

Me too! I am doing a WholeLent. Just finished my first round of W30 on 2/14...saw lots of improvement, loved how I felt and lost just over 10lbs! 

Am hoping to use this round as a springboard to a more W30 approach to eating overall. 

FYI, my (unsolicited) advice is use the next week to get a few emergency meals prepped and stored in the freezer. You WILL have a day that is just insane and having a premade W30 casserole or soup that you just stick in the microwave will save you from (a) breaking your W30 or (b) eating more eggs. Prepping food takes a serious amount of time, especially when you are just starting out. 

Also...a lot of us from my first round were the only ones we knew doing W30, so the forum board was a GREAT source of support, meal ideas, and info gathering when you ran into an issue. 

We can do this! Looking forward to our journey together! 

Love the WholeLent idea!

Hey there all! I'll be starting 3/1 as well. This is my 2nd Whole30 but the first where I do a proper reintroduction- I slipped off the clean eating wagon right after (it was Halloween and had both sides of my family with me---- need I say more?). My issue is using food for coping so my goal is to journal throughout this Whole30 to start overcoming the food addiction. 

Glad to hear a bunch of us will be together for Lent!  

For a lot of my week day breakfasts I did a sweet potato hash brown casserole with a side of avocado and would save some of the casserole in the freezer for an emergency meal.   A 9x13 pan made eight healthy portioned slices, I'd make it on Sunday and put three slices in the freezer and keep the others in the fridge for my work day morning breakfasts.  I'd change up the toppings I'd throw in, one week it was Aidell's chicken and apple sausage with chopped onions...another it was more spinach, garlic, tomatoes.  Ground Turkey/Beef/Chicken and veggie soup was another easy one.  Basically, if you're making a big meal of something...stick a portion or two of it in the freezer.

The weather is starting to get warmer here (it is supposed to be 78 today!?!?!) so I'm hoping to have more salads than I did last round.  I'm planning on firing up the grill this weekend and getting a bunch of chicken cooked up that I can stash in the freezer and throw on a salad.  

Speaking of salads...has anyone tried Tessamae's salad dressings?  

I am starting March 1st as well. Pretty nervous because I am such an emotional eater. I am about 80 lbs overweight and I have been eating junk the last few months. Ugh! It's time for a change. I tried Whole30 last year but quit after 11 days. I did have great results, though. So I want to try again.

9 minutes ago, kirstenrenee said:

My husband and I are starting our Whole30 on March 1st as well.  I'm meal planning now and going shopping tomorrow.  I'm excited, but worried about the caffeine withdrawal...fingers crossed!

What's your source of caffeine?  Both coffee and tea are allowed.

Here's my somewhat unique situation. I've been low carb/keto since 7/11/16. At that time, I gave up grains, sugar, potatoes, rice & legumes. I do use stevia, peanuts & limited dairy (heavy cream in coffee, a couple teaspoons of halo Top ice cream each day & a slice of extra sharp white cheddar cheese a couple of times a week). I don't drink alcohol. I haven't been super-vigilant about hidden sugar, but would say that I'm 99% sugar-free. I drink maybe one diet soda every 2-3 weeks, if that. I dont really have sugar or carb cravings now. So I'm not trying to reduce cravings. I'm looking for the health benefits. I do have T2 diabetes, but it's well under control with my low carb lifestyle. I've lost 54 lbs since starting in july & 139 lbs since being diagnosed with T2 8 years ago. I've got maybe 25 lbs more to lose. I'm at a standstill on that & just generally want to be healthier & feel better. I do have some aches & pains. 

I log my food to be able to track changes in blood sugar. I can stay off of the scales for 30 days, but I will continue to log food. Also, I don't eat potatoes or fruit due to their impact on my blood sugar. I'll have strawberries on a rare occasion, but not often. I guess those are what I call my nonnegotiables. And I just don't like sweet potatoes. Not prepared in any way, shape or form. Same with avocados. I've given both solid honest tries for many years. 

I am total newbie to the Whole30 program although I have been eating pretty healthy about 70% of the time for several years now.  At one point I lost 90 pounds, but gained back about 30 and have been pretty steady since no matter what I tried to do to lose the last 30 pounds again.  I am a recovered binge eater and just recently started having some digestive issues which is the main reason I am doing the Whole30.  I want to determine what food sensitivities I may have and focus on eating for health and not weight loss anymore.

I just finished reading the Whole30 book earlier this week and have been cleaning out my kitchen.  Today I am meal planning for the week and will do shopping tomorrow and prep Monday and Tuesdays.  For years I have always done meal planning for the following week on Fridays, food shopping on SAturdays, and meal prep and portioning on Sundays.  Having my meals ready-to-go really helps me to stick to a healthy meal plan.

My biggest obstacle for the Whole30 is going to be giving up the grains and added sugars.  Plus, I am not much of a veggie eater.  Because I know i will have a hard time eating a lot of 'plain' veggies I ordered some Whole30 approved sauces from : http://www.tessemaes.com/collections/all/whole30-approved

These should help not only with 'seasoning' veggies and salads but giving me some toppings for my meats instead of having just plain baked/grilled.  I also ordered some Ghee and avocado mayo along with some coconut flour and milk because I have seen a lot of Whole30 recipes that use these ingredients. 

I figure the more taste I can give to my foods and the more variety of recipes I can make the more likely I am to stick to the program for a full 30 days.

I will try to check this forum daily for support but am really better with Facebook.  Anyone want to be in a private FB group for the month?  I find that platform easier to use than an online forum like this.

My sister, husband and I will be starting match first as well.  First time for my sister and second fit my husband and I plus we have done a few whole15s though out the year as resets.  We are looking forward to learning more during this round and then implementing the strategies in food freedom forever. 

8 hours ago, kirstenrenee said:

My source of caffeine has always been soda.  I do drink coffee, but I use a lot of creamer.  I don't like tea, but I'm really hoping I can change my taste for it.

I tried coffee blended with coconut milk & it is really tasty!  Blend until frothy: 1/4 cup coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk (+ 1tsp cocoa if you want a little extra zing).  Pour it in a mug & fill up the rest of the way with black coffee.  Its like a mocha!

Archived