La victoria salsa

thegandhi

Started this week

I read through the ingredients on this http://www.lavictoria.com/products/salsa/thickn-chunky-salsa-medium/ and cannot see sugar or something that is off the list. However, tomato puree is something that I am not very sure of. From nutrition facts, it seems the sugar content is very low.

I am on vegetarian whole 30 with just eggs and veggies with no yogurt (too many eggs, lol), hence I eat omelette every morning. Before I used to eat it with ketchup. But now since it is off limits, I am finding my omelette very dry. Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, thegandhi said:

I am on vegetarian whole 30 with just eggs and veggies with no yogurt (too many eggs, lol), hence I eat omelette every morning. Before I used to eat it with ketchup. But now since it is off limits, I am finding my omelette very dry. Any suggestions?

I make  zucchini/onions with eggs. Instead of ketchup throw in a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half

when you are sautéing your vegtables. It makes it very moist with a nice flavor.

On 2017-02-21 at 10:15 AM, jmcbn said:

This is fine - it's the INGREDIENTS label you need to focus on NOT the nutrition label. 

This is true. Salsa with compliant ingredients is fine. Just make sure you always read them. But remember the point here is to change your relationship with food so maybe you might just want to "get over it" not to be mean but if you are used to eating many processed or sugary foods you won't be able to appreciate the natural tastes of real food for a while. Try using spices and seasonings which are compliant, there are lots of suggestions in the book, and give your taste buds a chance to adjust. 

2 hours ago, Paleo.girl. said:

But remember the point here is to change your relationship with food so maybe you might just want to "get over it" not to be mean but if you are used to eating many processed or sugary foods you won't be able to appreciate the natural tastes of real food for a while.

Honestly, if I thought there was anything inherently wrong in using a compliant salsa in place of ketchup I wouldn't have thought twice about saying so. This is not like someone eating fauxmeal for breakfast - there's even a recipe for ketchup in the Whole30 book.

If you're finding you can't eat a meal without ketchup then yes, maybe it's something you need to examine a little more closely, but again, this salsa is absolutely fine.

Archived