February 27 - Newbie Start Date!! Join!!!

TeacherFitJourneyy

Hello! I am starting tomorrow, Monday, Feb 27, and would love to have people to chat with along the way.  If you are starting at the same time, please join this thread so we can stay in touch and support each other!!  Thanks and good luck to everyone.  I'm actually oddly excited for this.  Though I will surely miss cheese...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey

I just figured out how to stay connected with threads you want to follow . Top right of this page has a "Follow" tab. Choose which threads you want to follow then you can check into them when you like via the "Activity" tab I mentioned above.  

Hi all! :) I'm also starting tomorrow for the first time and also oddly excited for the journey! I've never attempted any kind of intense cleanse like this, so I'll need all the help and support I can get, especially since I'll be the only one in my household participating. But, I'm prepped and as ready as I can be, I think. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well. I am new to the Whole 30 program, but not new to living and eating healthy.

Honestly, I am nervous about starting tomorrow. I have tried so many times to get my health back and lose this extra weight. Permanent injuries prevent me from exercising the way I used to, in particular using weights which I love. It is a gradual process, but I am learning to be satisfied with what my body can do for now - a.k.a. walking.

I am happy to have found this forum. I look forward to encouraging one another and sharing our successes along the way. Thank you for having me. :)

I can totally second your worries. I wasn't recently diagnosed with Hashimotos and realized that for years I had been sluggish and tired and could not get my weight under control. But I have to say, walking is currently my favorite exercise. It relaxes me, gives me some time to myself, and helps me get my steps in!!  A 45 minute morning walk really helps to put the day in perspective. Glad you found us also and am looking forward to encouraging and supporting one another. 

Hello all, been struggling to stay on track and meant to start on the 20th and let's just say with school and reading week stress...that didn't happen. NEED TO START OVER! Before I end up binge eating again I need to do a whole30 or even whole60, f'real y'all, it's serious! Glad to see others are starting end of month as I am :)

Hi Everyone, 

I'm starting tomorrow too. I'm so glad there's so many of us beginning together. I really need the support! 

I did a Whole 30 about a year ago. Back then it was to figure out allergens. This time I too have had major life changes affecting my health and fitness. In October I had an injury that has kept me from exercising like I used to. Now I need to lose weight AND quit all the bad eating habits I've accumulated and get back on track. 

I'm much more excited to get started now that I've found a great group. I don't think I would've stayed motivated on my own. 

Hello everyone! I'm starting my 1st Whole 30 tomorrow as well! Looking forward to helping each other through the next month. :-)  

I just cooked up some lemon rosemary chicken and butternut squash soup so I'm prepared for lunches for the next few days.

Hi everyone,

I'm starting today too. I think my biggest struggle will not be having milk with my tea. It's my comfort drink and I'm not sure what to replace it with or if I should just not try to replace it. 

I'm in Melbourne Australia and am excited for us to be going on this journey together :-)

I'm starting today too, eek! Looking forward to it, excited and a bit nervous about the events I have happening this month and travelling, but I will tackle those when I get there! Fun to have so many people from all over the world starting today! Looking forward to doing this together!

What are you guys hoping to get out of this? I guess knowing the 'why' will help us to keep ourselves on track! For me, my husband and I have been struggling to have a baby for the last few years and while we're approaching that from other angles too, I've been thinking why not try something natural too and help my body to get itself sorted out again.

Just had my spinach fritata for breakfast and it was yummy, although huge, my husband and I couldn't finish it!

Good luck everyone!

6 hours ago, capeTownGal said:

What are you guys hoping to get out of this? I guess knowing the 'why' will help us to keep ourselves on track! For me, my husband and I have been struggling to have a baby for the last few years and while we're approaching that from other angles too, I've been thinking why not try something natural too and help my body to get itself sorted out again.

7 hours ago, Jrnld said:

Hi everyone!  My first Whole30 ever -  kind of nervous and excited at the same time but really, really happy there's a group of us starting together.   Where is everybody fromI'm in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. 

Hey all! I'm Jo and I'm in White Plains, NY.  I am doing this for a few reasons.  This past summer I started to have some random swelling issues.  My hand, arm, armpit, feet.  It was random and would last two to three days.  It was as if my body was reacting to an infection but minus the infection.  I started feeling sluggish and gained about 20 pounds while actively dieting and exercising (no joke--I was really pushing myself and just gained weight).  Turns out I have Hashimoto's, or low acting thyroid function, and that explained the tiredness and weight.  I'm happy to be on medication to help with this now but the random swelling has persisted, albeit not as frequently.  I'm hoping that the Whole30 will help me to find the source of the swelling, and if it actually has anything to do with food at all!  I'm a teacher so packing lunch for me is totally normal, and I'm excited to do more cooking for dinner.  In addition, I have a serious "SUGAR DRAGON" that needs to be controlled and I'm hopeful that Whole30 will be the answer.  Really looking forward to this process and being in touch with all of you!

I started yesterday, 2/26. I'm feeding the same foods to my husband and he's trying to be a trooper. We have always eaten lots of veggies so he likes that part. I think he misses snacking; chips, trail mix and other no-brakes foods.

Two things I miss: half & half in my coffee and vanilla protein powder smoothie after my workout. I spent a small fortune on groceries and a few tools (food processor, immersion blender) and am financially committed as well as mentally. 

I would love to keep in touch with people on the same timeline. I've already had a rumbley tummy this morning. I'm not sure I can face the hard boiled eggs for breakfast and my protein salad for lunch isn't sounding great either. I made some bars, cashews, coconut, dates and nut butter. They're really really good but I know they will only feed my snacking/sugar habit. My very thoughtfully packed lunch includes protein salad, apples & grapes and berries and hard boiled eggs for breakfast if I can face it. 

I know I'm doing the right thing, it just makes me cranky today. Snow for the morning commute doesn't help but I'm trying to be positive!

Dinner tonight is slow-cooker pork Mexican tacos in lettuce wraps. I made a giant batch over the weekend to avoid the "what's for dinner?" conundrum. Any good ideas for dinner are welcome!

Archived