Need advice about dining out

PappyPaul

I'm on day 24 and so far every dinner meal has been at home. The only time I have eaten out is once a week for networking group breakfast, and I have been able to order poached eggs.

Tomorrow night my wife has arranged for us to go out with a couple of other couples to a new (to our area) Cajun restaurant - J Gumbo. I called them today after reading their menu and nutritional information on the website, and they confirmed that soybean oil is used as the starter base for everything on the menu.

So, am I going to trash my 25 days of Whole30 if I eat anything there? I'm already counting on just continuing on and doing a 2nd Whole30 but will this mean I need to start over immediately at day 1? If I make as wise of a choice as possible, can I continue on from where I am?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

• Moderators

Soy is an extreme gut disruptor... so yes, unfortunately consuming it will trash the 25 days of the gut reset (but not trash the 25 days of what you've learned so far).  Your body is going to reset the reset as soon as you eat the soy oil whether you want it to or not unfortunately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you eat there your reset is restarted from Day 1 (being the next day)

That is kind of what I thought...

Fortunately, my wife is quite supportive (although not quite ready to commit to a full Whole30 herself) so she is trying to see if we can go to a different place with these folks or she is willing to just back us out. She does not want me to fall short this close.

I have a GREAT wife!

• Moderators

Oh my gosh, do you EVER have an amazing wife!  I would be in both your corner for going elsewhere or postponing the event until you are done... also, you may want to find out how soy treats your body before you eat it in a restaurant... it can be very surprising in a not that pleasant way.... ;)

Archived