How to cook large amounts?

Darian

First of all, my meal prep is failing because everything got eaten before it got cool, because the food is so good. So thanks for the deliciousness I never knew before whole30!

Secondly, even with 4 pans of veggies roasting, it seems like I should get more yield - after the veggies cook down, they all fit in ONE pan! I put it all on the pan in a single layer with no space between, so what gives!?! Can I just put pile them up in the pans, and maybe let it cook for longer? The vegetables in question are green beans, carrots, and brussel sprouts.

I can't really help with your first question because I didn't really understand it. Maybe it's because you're eating everything before you put it away? Real food is tasty, so I don't blame you.

As for your second question, with roasting, I find that if I crowd the pan, none of my veggies get that roasted/toasted effect and they all just get kind of soggy/half cooked or burned/hard/dry because I've had to leave them in much longer than anticipated or because I tried to rush things and jacked up the cooking temperature. Keep doing what you're doing - most veggies do shrink once roasted because the water content is no longer there, but they taste oh-so-good. It's a lot of work though, so I alternate between sautéing and steaming when I'm taking a break from roasting.

Archived