Crossfit/weight loss/whole30

Britneve

Hi everyone! So I'm on day 15 yay! I've been taking pictures once a week to track results for myself. I'm doing this for weight loss, system reset, and to clear my  10+ years of skin issues. Right now, comparing my pictures I don't seem to have changed in shape much, so assuming no major weight loss. I do crossfit 5x a week and on my feet for work. I feel I have been eating enough and balanced with minimal fruit. My skin does appear to be clearing which is amazing, but I am concerned about not changing size. Weight loss does take time, but this drastic of a change with my active lifestyle should see results fast. I do have about 15 pounds to lose to be where I want to be a realistically can get to. Any advice?? 

• 5 months later...

Hello! 

I'm a crossfit athlete and I need some help!  I'm on Day 20 of my Whole30, and I do Crossfit 6x per week, and sometimes double workouts in a day (crossfit am, running pm).  I started the Whole30 because I wasn't achieving the fitness goals I wanted to, and needed to trim about 5-10 lb of fat in order to do that. 

What I'm struggling with is exhaustion.  I get extremely hungry between meals and have trouble focusing in my job.  Additionally, I haven't noticed many changes to my body, so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  

I'd appreciate any input! 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Crossfitter said:

Hello! 

I'm a crossfit athlete and I need some help!  I'm on Day 20 of my Whole30, and I do Crossfit 6x per week, and sometimes double workouts in a day (crossfit am, running pm).  I started the Whole30 because I wasn't achieving the fitness goals I wanted to, and needed to trim about 5-10 lb of fat in order to do that. 

What I'm struggling with is exhaustion.  I get extremely hungry between meals and have trouble focusing in my job.  Additionally, I haven't noticed many changes to my body, so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  

I'd appreciate any input! 

We could give you better feedback if you let us know what a typical day or two of meals looks like, including pre- and post-workout.

If you're hungry, definitely eat. Make sure your meals match the meal template, and as active as you are, you probably need to aim for the upper end of the template ranges at most meals. Download the meal template on this page:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Also consider whether you're really recovering from your workouts right now, or if you might be better served taking a day off or at least only doing one workout a day. Maybe this doesn't apply to you, but workouts are stress, changing the way you eat is stress, plus any other stress in your life, and sometimes what has always worked before could be too much at this particular moment, so it's worth considering:  http://whole9life.com/2014/02/recovery-vs-rest/

Archived