Starting March 12

fritzy

What a surprise I got this morning! I mean, I've not been focused so much on the days, so when I checked my kitchen chart I see that today is day 31!!

That has really crept up on me. So much so that I can't start reintroduction today as I don't have the right food in the house. 

I thought I'd start with dairy as I had been eating yoghurt, cheese & cream occasionally before W30. Then for the weekend I'm going to put wine back in as I'll be out with friends. After that, I'm not sure as I feel I could leave most things out.

But i feel just a bit disappointed. I started my W30 hoping that it might help improve a chronic pain issue for which i take constant medication. It doesn't seem to have had any effect there. Yes my trousers feel loser, but I'm not overweight and losing weight was not a primary motivation.

So I may just keep going for another couple of weeks....

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on completing your W30 @MtnGoat! I'm sorry that your pain issue wasn't resolved. So many factors to consider, and I'm definitely not an expert on this subject. But I did find more relief myself when I started Miranda Esmonde-White's "Classical Stretch". She also has a book called "Pain-free Forever". She works with professional and Olympic athletes/professional ballet dancers, and hockey teams, etc. I had never even heard of her, so just wanted to share that as an option if you want to check it out. (essentrics.com)

I can't believe that this is day 30!!! @River30, my allergies are definitely better, but not completely gone. But the improvement has been amazing. I'll be monitoring allergy symptoms during reintroduction. I hope it's easy to see the connections.

Looking forward to the next phase of W30 together!

16 hours ago, River30 said:

Hi there! @MtnGoat I know, ive been one of those people who have stopped posting regularly! Sorry! But still going strong here on Day 28... and planning to continue longer than the 30 days (with a one-day break for Easter). 

Great idea.... my hubby and I are planning something similar, since we were invited to a special Easter brunch at our favorite restaurant - one that features fresh-made bread and delectable cheeses!  SO, we've modified re-introduction.  If I can convince the hubster, we'll be doing round 2 of W30 starting the monday after Easter!

Tuesday: reintroduce dairy

Friday: reintroduce gluten grains

Easter:  enjoy, as long as nothing from Tuesday or Friday caused any problems.

Can't tell you all how much easier this has been being able to read what everyone else is going through. My allergies are better than in the past springs. I found Wendy's will do low-carb sandwiches but not Arby's. I got a burger from Wendy's that they put in a plastic container with lettuce wrap. Arby's just gave me the meat in a plastic container. More restaurants need to cater to use low carb people. I'm really disappointed in Chick-Fil-A as it is one of my favorites.

My reintro is mapped out as follows: Tuesday sugar (stevia in coffee, honey at lunch and brown suger on a baked sweet potato) Friday beans maybe peanut butter (but probably not because I think it was bothering me. I started eliminating foods before I started on the 12th & peanut butter was one I stopped and noticed my aches & pains eased up when I quit eating it. 17th non-gluten grains (gluten free oats if I can find them, rice & corn) 20th gluten grains (whole wheat bread, wheat pasta) 23rd dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese).

Don't stop posting everyone let's share how our reintro goes! 

• Moderators

Congrats, you're all almost there!  If you would like to stay together as a group to do intros, that's great, we just ask that one of you makes a thread in the Post Whole30 Log section and then you can all participate there so that the main boards here stay Whole30 compliant.  Thanks!

I am so proud of everyone! Congrats @MtnGoat for finishing! I think there are a bunch of people finishing today and then I'm one of the last in this group to finish tomorrow. I have to say I'm not sure I would've been able to do it without this group! Part of me felt accountable to you guys since I knew you were all doing it too! Today was a tough day due to some personal things going on in my life. I have also felt sick, so I took it easy and didn't really eat much later on. I am feeling okay, but I don't want to risk feeling worse by eating anything.

I hope all of your final days have been going well and I can't wait to see you all on the other side!!

Following SugarCube's advice I created a re-introduction topic for us! If you want to follow along here is the link:

Day 30 is dwindling down and I also would like to thank everyone in the forum for all of your support. I too found myself pushing through moments of close defeat because I wanted to stay true to all of you in addition to myself. I hope to read all about your re-introductions in the forum I posted above. Much love!

Day 31!!!!  Congratulations everyone!

Had a bit of whole milk in my coffee this morning, cooked my eggs in butter, and topped them with a bit of grated cheese.  I plan to enjoy a nice latte at my favorite coffee spot this morning, just to be sure that I give the old bod a good dose of dairy proteins. 

Dairy is implicated mostly in digestive issues, right?  I won't be able to tell if it is affecting energy, because the puppy had us all up from 3:30-5:00 this morning.  Not what I needed for sleep after a pretty intense masters swim last night.  I'm pooped already!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, GoMommaGo said:

Day 31!!!!  Congratulations everyone!

Had a bit of whole milk in my coffee this morning, cooked my eggs in butter, and topped them with a bit of grated cheese.  I plan to enjoy a nice latte at my favorite coffee spot this morning, just to be sure that I give the old bod a good dose of dairy proteins. 

Dairy is implicated mostly in digestive issues, right?  I won't be able to tell if it is affecting energy, because the puppy had us all up from 3:30-5:00 this morning.  Not what I needed for sleep after a pretty intense masters swim last night.  I'm pooped already!

congrats!  As mentioned upthread, please post to the new reintro thread and don't list non compliant items on this thread as it gets confusing for people coming along without context and not knowing why you're eating cheese :)

15 hours ago, GoMommaGo said:

Dairy is implicated mostly in digestive issues, right?

And respiratory.

Many people find it will encourage mucous production which will result in coughing after meals, runny nose, phlegm at the back of the throat etc., although this is unlikley to be noticeable after just the one meal. Dairy intolerance is also strongly linked with asthma & eczema.

It may also impact sleep quality although, again, this may only be noticeable once it's making a regular appearance in your diet.

Archived