Help! Searching for solution to grainy coconut milk...

Hey fellow whole30ers! I am reaching out because I can't seem to figure out a good solution to this issue I've come across: how to avoid grainy coconut milk (canned), or how to "fix" it - if that's possible. Sometimes I get cans that are GREAT! and the consistency is like cream. Other times it's hard to even use because it's soooo grainy and separated, even after vigorous stirring. I typically use small amounts of coconut milk in my coffee, so it's definitely noticeable when it's grainy. I have heard that typically the coconut milk that is not in cans is non-compliant. Anyone have suggestions?

Gratefully,

Diana

@paleoheythere on instagram

• Moderators

Have you tried to blend the coconut milk in a blender or with an immersion blender? That might help.

It used to be true that it was hard to find compliant coconut milk in a carton, but there are some around now, as well as some almond milks. Just read your labels carefully. I've found they're not usually as thick as the canned coconut milk, but they might work for you. Some people like Nutpods creamers, which you can find on Amazon if you can't find any other alternatives locally.

Archived