Coffee Creamers

Mytwogirls2

Hello,

I like coffee in the morning and I use to use heavy cream in it.  I was able to wean myself from having sugar in it as long as it was no bitter taste I like creamy I tried New Barn Almond milk (green bottle) this morning and it made my coffee clunky and it separated from the coffee.  What product can I use for the creamy taste.

Demetris

• Moderators

You could try blending the almond milk into the coffee with a blender or one of those frother things (like this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018TCWL8O/ref=mh_s9_acsd_top_bwv41_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-3&pf_rd_r=A6KJS7W9W4V92MWXZ1NE&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=0a3b33b2-e061-5d48-9bed-8078000ecb61&pf_rd_i=14042381 )

It's going to be different than half & half no matter what you do. You can try coconut milk from a can, it seems a little thicker than almond milk. I haven't tried them but many people like Nutpods brand creamers. You can do a compliant version of bulletproof coffee using coconut oil or ghee blended in your coffee, or try a combo of coconut oil and coconut milk, but any time you add an oil to the coffee you really should blend it, if you just stir it, you end up with an oil slick on top. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Mytwogirls2 said:

Do you think that is reason why the coffee is clucky because of the oil in the almond milk?  is nut pods Whole30 compliant? Here is a picture of the coffee

1 Pic of coffee with Almond milk.pdf

I'm not really sure why the almond milk did that, the almond milks I've tried have been smoother than coconut milk and less likely to have clumps. If it tasted okay, though, I'd try blending it into the coffee and see if that helped.

Some Nutpods flavors are compliant, I'm not sure if they all are, so read your labels.

I tried the coconut milk and it is not that great.  I guess it is because I do not like coconut. But does tone the coffee taste down.  Now, I am starting to get a headache in the mornings after I drink coffee.   I am going to log on to the website now Nutpods what type of consistency does it gives to the coffee?

1 hour ago, Mytwogirls2 said:

have you heard of coffee booster? it is a certain kind of ghee for your coffee?

A quick google tells me it's a blend of ghee, coconut oil & raw cacao powder - all of which are compliant.

I have to play Devil's advocate here though & ask; is it the coffee or the creamer that you like? Some poeple find a good quality coffee is fine black, some people switch to herbal teas, and some just stop drinking coffee because they find that actually they don't like it.

8 hours ago, Mytwogirls2 said:

I like the creamer.  I tried drinking it black and if I had to drink it black forever I wouldn't drink it.

Then rather than stressing for 30 days about finding a compliant creamer that works for you, why not let it go?

Any food/drink that is that much of a crutch to you needs to be examined from afar for a while IMHO and your Whole30 might be the perfect opportunity.

You don't need the coffee, you only think you do, and in fact it could be that the coffee is keeping your cortisol elevated & in turn messing with your appetite.

Just a thought!

Archived