Nervous and Starting March 19th!

Essie1226

I thought about when would be a good time to start this program and decided to start on March 19th.  I need to come up with a meal plan and need that paycheck for groceries :)

I have done a very loose version of this program before and was semi successful.  You know that when your clothes start to fit a little tight, then it's time to get serious.  This will be the first time that I will be doing this by the book!  I have little to no support from those around me so I'm hoping that this website and forum will help me.  I'm a little nervous starting but I'm also very excited!  I'm looking forward to becoming a better me physically! 

If you are jammed pack with little to no time to cook or grocery shop. I recommend a book called Paleo Takes 5 or fewer ingredients by Cindy Sexton. Not all of the recipes are complaint but majority of the recipes are. 

I start on March 20th so if you have questions or need a little motivation let me know because I may be feeling the same way. 

Good Luck!! :) 

13 hours ago, Liz khalifa said:

I'm starting the 19th as well! Super nervous and I just put $200 worth of groceries on my credit card -_-

Hello, 

I hope some of the food that you bought is freezable. Just an FYI, even tho we are eating better we don't want to over eat them too. I don't know what your meal planning looks like but please try to plan out weekly not daily because we can waist money and food. I only say that out of love because this is my second time doing the whole30 and I was buying food that got thrown away, especially fresh produce. Best of Luck!!

I am wanting to start the 18th or 19th haven't decided yet. I have tried whole 30 twice and failed by the 20th day. I also made smoothies (which are a no no). I would love to have some support and motivation to keep me accountable. I want to do it by the book this time and make it through the 30 days!!

4 hours ago, Katie_0x said:

I am wanting to start the 18th or 19th haven't decided yet. I have tried whole 30 twice and failed by the 20th day. I also made smoothies (which are a no no). I would love to have some support and motivation to keep me accountable. I want to do it by the book this time and make it through the 30 days!!

5 hours ago, Liz khalifa said:

Yea somewhere along the line I learned produce doesn't last forever. Lots of frozen meats and pantry items, oils and such. The meat is enough for two weeks. You just need to purchase a lot of things you might not normally have to begin.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how everything goes for you during the Whole30.  Keep us posted during your journey. 

Hi there! I am starting Saturday the 18th! So excited to find you here. I haven't done any shopping, just read the first few pages of the Whole 30 book. I really really need this in my life right now. I'm heavier than I've ever been and eating unhealthier than I've ever eating! And that's pretty bad to say. I'm totally addicted to sugar and junk food. I suffer from foggy (mom) brain and am super forgetful! Just today I ran out the door and got a call not 15 min later for a previous engagement in my home with some friends. :-( 

I am a mom of 7 and live in Alaska. Can't wait to change my life!

Hello. My husband and I are starting on Sunday 20th. We did our first whole30 Jan-feb and it was great. My energy and moods were hugely improved and I lost 8 lbs. I need to start again and keep going until I lose 50-60 lbs :( Ihave Hashimoto's- an auto immune hypo- thyroid disease, which may have contributed to weight gain; also I gained 10 lbs and never lost it when I was pregnant and sadly lost the baby after about 15 weeks. (I do have one daughter who is the absolute joy and light of my life). I have to tell you I was shocked and amazed that I managed to stick with it for 30 days. Normally I fizzle on any new initiative after 4-5 days and wanting to figure out WHY is like a central unresolved issue in my life. This forum helped keep me honest the first time so I'll be back here every day until you're sick of hearing from me!! Good luck to all!  

I will be starting Monday!  I've been paleo (mostly) for a few years, but have been letting things slide lately and am feeling the consequences.  I've never done a Whole 30 before, and figured it would be a good reset. Looking forward to feeling better again and helping each other along the way!

I'm on Day 1 today! First time doing this, mostly trying it to see if it will help get rid of my acne and because my sisters bachelorette party is in May. I have a couple of people supporting me who just finished their first Whole30, but I'm glad there's some additional support here with others on the same timeline as me. Go us! About to do some grocery shopping for the first 7 days now (I just did fruit, vegetables and eggs, so far today).

Welcome everyone! So excited this thread is growing. We actually started today and it went well. 

We had berry beet smoothies for breakfast, some leftover corned beef and cabbage for lunch with oranges. Then pork roast, carrots, potatoes and a big salad for dinner. We also had strawberries for a "treat" before bed. I'm working with children here, and I'm nursing a 5 month old! I felt really hungry most of the day because I didn't have time to finish my breakfast before we left for church and didn't get home for 3 hours. 

How did everyone's 1st day go? What did you eat? How is everyone feeling?

6 hours ago, Nedster7 said:

Welcome everyone! So excited this thread is growing. We actually started today and it went well. 

We had berry beet smoothies for breakfast, some leftover corned beef and cabbage for lunch with oranges. Then pork roast, carrots, potatoes and a big salad for dinner. We also had strawberries for a "treat" before bed. I'm working with children here, and I'm nursing a 5 month old! I felt really hungry most of the day because I didn't have time to finish my breakfast before we left for church and didn't get home for 3 hours. 

How did everyone's 1st day go? What did you eat? How is everyone feeling?

Hey there & welcome! So as a BFing mum you should be eating four template meals a day (or at least three plus a mini meal or two), and including plenty of healthy fats & starchy veg to keep your milk supply up. The smoothies are great for the kids, but for the adults really they're no bueno - sorry - we'd much rather you eat your food rather than drink it as liquids send a different signal to the brain than solids and you're much more likely to feel hungrier soon, PLUS smoothies tend to be fruit heavy... Can you pre-cook some breakfast muffins or the like so you can grab & go...?

19 minutes ago, Liz khalifa said:

First day went good and today's off to a good start but definitely feel hungry :(

You should definitely not be feeling hungry. That's not what we want at all... What have you eaten so far?

Unfortunately for me, I've been sick and am having to push my start date back a few days.  I did receive my Whole30 Guide Book and Cookbook from Amazon this past weekend so I'm figuring out a meal plan.  So far I'm loving these books!  So much information and I love that they even have different non-alcoholic drink recipes too!  I don't have to stick with boring water 24/7 :D!  Anyhoo,  are you all including exercise into your regular routine?  If so, what kind of exercise are you doing?

2 hours ago, jmcbn said:

You should definitely not be feeling hungry. That's not what we want at all... What have you eaten so far?

I think it's just because I'm used to eating tons. Today I had a sweet potato apple bake and a banana for bfast. I'm eating left over squash quiche and asparagus for lunch and pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner. I have fruit if I need more too.  

10 minutes ago, Liz khalifa said:

I think it's just because I'm used to eating tons. Today I had a sweet potato apple bake and a banana for bfast. I'm eating left over squash quiche and asparagus for lunch and pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner. I have fruit if I need more too.  

Did you not have protein at breakfast or lunch? Are you adding fat to any of your meals? It's the protein & fat that will provide satiety & staying power, not the veg, and especially not the fruit....

And when you say 'quiche' you mean without a crust, right?

1 hour ago, Liz khalifa said:

There's egg and coconut milk in the bfast bake. And yes crustless! I have some allergies that prevent me from eating too many nuts and avocado so fruit or hard boiled eggs are my main snack choice.

Actually we recommend you build your meals large enough so that you don't snack. We go so far as to say not to eat fruit on it's own due to it's impact on blood sugar. If you're hungry in between meals try a mini meal made up of at least two of the three food groups with protein & fat being your best option - so maybe a hard boiled egg, some roast chicken or meatballs & home-made mayo? Or even some tinned fish & pouches of olives as you can keep these in your car/desk/bag... Then increase the size of your meals the next day until you're able to last 4-5hrs until your next one - this allows the digestive system some much needed down time, and is when the body learns to tap into it's fat stores for fuel.

On 3/20/2017 at 5:49 AM, jmcbn said:

. The smoothies are great for the kids, but for the adults really they're no bueno - sorry - we'd much rather you eat your food rather than drink it as liquids send a different signal to the brain than solids and you're much more likely to feel hungrier soon, PLUS smoothies tend to be fruit heavy... Can you pre-cook some breakfast muffins or the like so you can grab & go...?

Thanks for the help! I did just read that today... I'm a little bit concerned about what to do in the morning. I didn't think we could make muffin-type things. Is there a recipe link you could share with me? That would be super helpful. I was kinda counting on smoothies until I read that that's a no-no. 

Also, I am doing great with eating a couple snacks. Definitely feel the need. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:45 AM, Essie1226 said:

are you all including exercise into your regular routine?  If so, what kind of exercise are you doing?

Not currently exercise. I just can't find where to put it into my day. :-( 

Sorry you weren't feeling well!!

6 hours ago, Nedster7 said:

I didn't think we could make muffin-type things. Is there a recipe link you could share with me?

When I say muffins I mean more of an egg & veg type thing cooked in a muffin case, so not really muffins per se.... (although again, these are good for the kids!!). Here's one example for a Spinach & Beef 'Muffin'  from Mel Joulwan who has some amazing Whole30 friendly recipes on her site so it's definitely worth a visit regardless. then you can pre-cook Frittatas which can be sliced & eaten on the hop. Steff Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo has a bunch on her website I can vouch for although the Waffles are out... She also has some 'muffin' recipes (again with the waffles in that search! LOL), and her 'Meatza' is pretty good too....

Hope this helps!

Archived