Are peanuts the kiss of death?

Melly88

Before I started my new lifestyle, I got rid of several foods in my house that were non-compliant and purchased a ton of healthier options.  I am learning to love almond butter and cauliflower and I are back on speaking terms!  I said goodbye to my morning cup of joe. Donated an embarrassingly large amount of various protein, and health food "diet" snack bars.  I have a pretty busy life, so I purchased a few Larabars and RX Bars to have on hand... Just in case.

I have read that not all Larabars are compliant, so I did some investigative shopping to ensure I bought the right ones.  I also picked up a few of the RX Bars. Now... Here is where the "doh" comes in.  

For some completely unknown reason, I thought ALL RX Bars were compliant so didn't call the ingredient detectives to solve the case.  I just grabbed 3 or 4 and continued my grocery shopping. 

Fast forward to day 13 on my journey and I just realized the nuts in my RX bar were not Cashews (dun dun duuuun) they were peanuts!!! 

By ingesting this bar am I doomed to "start over" (whispered like Voldemort)? Or are peanuts, in this small amount not the kiss of death... As long as it doesn't happen again?  I know the rules are strict... But how bad is it in the whole elimination spectrum? 

• Administrators

Damn, sorry you got nailed. The rules state to start over but because we are all adults with agency over ourselves, we refer people to the starting over article linked in my signature below. (Or if you're on mobile and can't see the signature, just Google "whole30 do I have to start over")

Peanuts aren't great.....they can be very digestively distressing.

4 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Damn, sorry you got nailed. The rules state to start over but because we are all adults with agency over ourselves, we refer people to the starting over article linked in my signature below. (Or if you're on mobile and can't see the signature, just Google "whole30 do I have to start over")

Peanuts aren't great.....they can be very digestively distressing.

Thank you!  I saw that article referenced in another "signature" and couldn't find anything resembling one.  I AM on a mobile device!!! Thanks for including that little explanation. I am NOT crazy! :-)  I will go to my desktop and look it over.  Thank you!

Archived