Breastfeeding 16month old, 5kids, so scared!

Hi everyone, my name is Cathy. I havebeen a mother for almost 18 years. I have 5 children and this is pretty much how I know how to identify myself with. I was a healthy,thin 18year old when I got pregnant with my first child. I d this info important because when I got pregnant, I gained over 100 pounds! I didn't over eat, I was us busy, weight just stuck to me. Why does pregnancy mess with us so bad? I have lost the weight once, but 7 s ago I got pregnant again...had a miscarriage but the weight slowly krept up. Four years ago I got pregnant again a and boom another 50pounds! 19months later I had another baby.....another30lbs! Gym memberships and barely eating, nothing I do helps. I have every sign of hypothyroidism, but tests show everything is ok. So what is it? My endocrinologist said to try whole30. She things I have issues with food and I need to find what it is.  So here I am today. 36years old, finally had it with living like this. I'm always tired and in pain. I need to d the fix. I will be starting April5. I am going to prep my house, my partner, and my kids for the change. I need support and encouragement. All I want is a better life. Thank you for reading my story.

Good luck, you can do this!  I have 4 stepkids that don't eat what I eat all the time, a husband that is a junk food addict  (none is allowed in the house), and I'm due next month with my first child. I've done many a Whole30, including during my pregnancy. You got this!

I'll add this, though. If you have every sign of hypothyroidism but your test levels are normal, I'd argue you're not being tested for the right things or working with the right doctors. I've been through many endos, all who said my levels were fine, despite having symptoms most of my life. Look at your labs - is your TSH under 2 or so? Did they test your free T3? Free t4? Both should be around the middle of the normal range for optimal health. I had a low free t4 value once, but the next time it was 1 point above normal so I was sent on my way with a clean bill of health... not helpful at all.   Have your antibodies been tested?  If the answer to any one these is no, please find a functional or integrative doc. They're more likely to treat borderline labs and look at the big picture. Just my 2 cents. I'm not a doctor, but a patient that tried to get treated for 15 years before I was taken seriously. 

Archived