Sweetner for coffee

• Moderators

You can't use sweetener in your coffee. You can use coconut milk or almond milk or other nut milks, as long as they don't contain any non-compliant ingredients, and that will help cut the bitterness some. Blending your coffee with a little coconut oil can help too, but you do actually have to blend, not just stir it, or you end up with an oil slick on top. You might try different kinds of coffee -- higher quality coffee can be less bitter, the level of roasting can make a difference, if it's dark roast or blond roast. Making the coffee in a french press or cold brewing it can help reduce the bitterness. Adding just a tiny bit of salt can help too -- not enough to make it taste salty, just a tiny pinch of salt.

If you really cannot drink your coffee without sweetener, you might find you prefer tea or broth as a hot drink in the morning. There are also things like Crio Bru or Choffy, which are basically cocoa nibs roasted that you then brew the way you brew coffee, but they are not like drinking hot chocolate and they are not sweet, and they also have a bit of bitterness, since they're basically just really dark unsweetened chocolate.

I used to think the same. First life change I did years ago and had to drink my coffee black...yuck.

Today, years later, I would not have my coffee any other way but black.

I kind of turned into a coffee snob, being able to tell the difference between bad and awesome coffee.....why cover he taste of something beautiful ?

You will od great without the sweets ;)

Archived