Started March 15, better since day 7

schwabing

Hi all,

I'm a 46 yo male, 6ft4" and 82kg when I started Whole30 March 15, quite some bellyfat, but otherwise rather slim. The first week was quite a ride, massive cravings mostly for cheese, dizzyness, diarrhea (sorry for TMI). Cravings are gone since day 7. I [edited by moderator to remove scale reference], but there's still wobbling around the hips, so everything's fine. I feel ok and people tell me I look healthier.

Looking forward to the next 20d, I'll keep reading here and report back how everything goes on my side.

Hey @schwabing & welcome to the forums!

You know though, that no weighing is as much of a rule as no dairy, no alcohol, no grains etc., right? I've edited your post to remove the reference to the scale as this can encourage others to have a look to see where they're at (even though I know this wasn't your intention) and of course their results are going to vary.

Remember that weight loss is not linear, and the daily number on the scale can be effected by many things such as sodium intake, inflammation, sleep (or lack thereof), & hormones to name but a few. Weight will naturally fluctuate a pound or two (or more) on a daily basis regardless of what you eat.

Good to hear that things have settled down for you now - maybe you'd like to find a group with a similar start date in the Join The Whole30 forum so that you can post there as you go along & share your experiences....

From your nickname I suppose you are from Germany. You can buy the Whole30 book in German. It is called RESET. Maybe this makes it easier to understand the rules! This is not just about not eating something. Whole30 is a whole new Lifestyle. You learn to read the ingredients of every single product. (unbelievable how many coconut milk cans include sulfit) You buy meat and vegetables from stores that Focus on animalfriendly breeding. Thats what makes Whole30 for me - its not a diet. It's a new life.

Archived