Starting March 30th--1st time and clueless!

RaePenna

Hey guys,

My name is Rachel and I'm ready to commit. For many months now I've worked out frequently, often 5-6 times per week, and tried to track my eating habits. Most days, I do well about protein and nutrient intake while keeping low in calories. But nothing works. My muscle is good, but my fat hides it better. I'm done feeling like my clothing might rip right off of me. I'm tired of hearing that I "look fine" just because I know how to hide it well, because my PBF and overly tight clothes say otherwise. More than that, I'm done with the joint pain from holding up so much weight. I'm done with the awful digestive flow that often leaves me bloated, prone to acid reflux, or even with unbearable abdominal pain or discomfort. I'm done with the day to day fatigue that won't go away with sleep or vitamins. I'm tired of the doctors telling me they don't know what's causing this or that and prescribing me another pill that doesn't work. I'm tired of feeling physically, mentally, and emotionally uncomfortable in my own body. And I'm tired of the binge-modes I fall into when I get frustrated that nothing seems to be working. 

I don't know much about Whole 30. I have a few friends who have done it and claim its amazing wonders. I know it's a lot more like God intended our diets to be, and so it likely is good in so many ways. But it's new to me. I used to be one of the most unhealthy people my age growing up and even into early college. Now I'm suffering the consequences and I'm ready to go all in. I'm ready to commit to just one month of clean eating and challenge myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually. I'm new to my area of living, heck even my country of current living, and therefore don't know anyone who has committed to Whole30 or who can support me. My flatmate is not at all a poster child for healthy eating and it's going to be hard to restrain from stealing her soda from the fridge. I'm awful at meal-prep to boot. I don't know how to do this, or even where to start, but I'm ready! 

Please, join me on my journey. Keep me accountable, fight the cravings alongside, and encourage me because I'll need it! And even if no one reads this, my commitment is there for all to see, and that's enough for me. 

I'm ready. God-willing, I am ready.

Archived