Quick note about a HUGE health NSV!

Eye of the Tiger

Just a quick note.... Day 20 of my first round is today!  I tend to have a high heartrate and really low BP.  I have mitral valve prolapse, and genetically predisposed to heart problems.  I'm not overweight.  I started my w30 because of a number of health issues.  I just happened to check my fitbit, and my resting heartrate has dropped 9 BPM since I started w30!  I just looked at the graph on Fitbit and it slowly lowered since that day!  And I've only worked out 4 times.  But I'm starting back to my workouts tomorrow because I now have pretty consistent tiger blood!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2017 at 9:41 AM, Eye of the Tiger said:

Just a quick note.... Day 20 of my first round is today!  I tend to have a high heartrate and really low BP.  I have mitral valve prolapse, and genetically predisposed to heart problems.  I'm not overweight.  I started my w30 because of a number of health issues.  I just happened to check my fitbit, and my resting heartrate has dropped 9 BPM since I started w30!  I just looked at the graph on Fitbit and it slowly lowered since that day!  And I've only worked out 4 times.  But I'm starting back to my workouts tomorrow because I now have pretty consistent tiger blood!!

This is amazing! How have you been doing since?

@Nana Valente I'm doing great!  Thanks!  I completed the w30, and I'm on day 9 of reintro.  I'm doing the slow roll reintro, so I've only reintro'd legumes and corn.  I found out I can have occasional legumes, and they give me lots of energy for a good workout.  Food made with corn will only be a rare treat because of how it affected me.  I won't be reintro-ing dairy or gluten for a long time, if ever.  I've been gluten and dairy free for a long time before w30.  My next reintro food is going to be rice, then oats, then added sugar.  I'm adding separate food types, not groups like non-grain foods all in the same day.  I'm doing that because I have specific food sensitivities I'm trying to figure out.

I expect my heartrate to lower more because I just started jogging last week, along with other exercise.

I was going to reintro rice today, but waiting until tomorrow or Friday because it has taken a while for my stomach to recover from the corn products.

First, congrats on your 39 days of a new life!

What kind of legumes have you already had? How has rice affected you? I am looking forward to test pure corn tortillas with guac during my reintro, since I've been missing them a bit. But other legumes such as beans and lentils I don't really care about and tend to bloat my stomach, so I guess I'll go on without them.

Dairy has been an issue for me when it's not fermented, but I used to be fine with cheese, but who knows what I will discover after being dairy-free for this long? 

I have done a less strict version of paleo on an off for a while before this whole30 (currently on day 17! yay!), but I had never gone completely off dairy.

My main reason to do a Whole30 is chronic back pain.

Here's to jogging and lowering your heart rate even more! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, Nana Valente said:

First, congrats on your 39 days of a new life!

What kind of legumes have you already had? How has rice affected you? I am looking forward to test pure corn tortillas with guac during my reintro, since I've been missing them a bit. But other legumes such as beans and lentils I don't really care about and tend to bloat my stomach, so I guess I'll go on without them.

Dairy has been an issue for me when it's not fermented, but I used to be fine with cheese, but who knows what I will discover after being dairy-free for this long? 

I have done a less strict version of paleo on an off for a while before this whole30 (currently on day 17! yay!), but I had never gone completely off dairy.

My main reason to do a Whole30 is chronic back pain.

Here's to jogging and lowering your heart rate even more! :)

I have had black beans and peanuts only as far as legumes go.  Rice caused inflammation, insomnia, and anxiety for 3 days until being back on w30 for 3 days finally detoxed it out of me.  I have autoimmune disorders and scoliosis with 2 long rods in my back.  I've had chronic back pain since I was 12.  But it is much better with w30!  Sorry I didn't see your comment until today.  Good luck with your reintro!

Hey, Eye of the Tiger!

Can you please specify your inflammation symptoms with rice? I'll probably reintro to eat sushi on occasion (my favorite is sashimi anyways, so I'm good with no rice).

I'm sorry you've been suffering with autoimmunity and back pain for so long. Hope you can see a gradual and steady improvement with those conditions as well :)

So far I'm on day 32 and haven't reintroduced anything yet. I haven't felt it was worth it to do it and might end up doing a slow reintro, after all.

Archived