Feb 27 Reintro Group!

I wound up starting my reintros yesterday (day 35) simply because I was tired of waiting and felt I had gotten the results I wanted from the program at that point. I introduced dairy first. I had feta cheese on my omelette for M1 and some cheddar cheese on my lettuce-wrapped burger for M3. Almost immediately I felt bloated, gassy and it didn't even taste that good to me anymore. I think it's safe to say that dairy will not be invited to my future eating parties. I already kinda knew this, just wanted to confirm. I feel way better when I don't eat it.

Going to wait a couple of days and then do sugar - bought some 80% dark chocolate. Hope everyone else is learning some interesting things during this phase!

Ugh just typed a whole bunch about my reintroduction and it disappeared.  The long and short of it is...

1. I did legumes.  No adverse reactions.

2. Since I am slow-rolling I have had some foods that have added sugar but will not have any straight up sugar for I long time I am hoping.  Like no candy, cakes, dessert until at least Easter and I'd love to just k

Ugh just typed a whole bunch about my reintroduction and it disappeared.  The long and short of it is...

1. I did legumes.  No adverse reactions.lon

2. Since I am slow-rolling I have had some foods that have added sugar but will not have any straight up sugar for a long time I am hoping.  No candy, cakes, dessert until at least Easter and I'd love to just kick the habit for like 95% of the time.

3. I drank alcohol--- Magner's cider to be specific.  I did not reintro it as properly as I should have but feel totally normal besides being a little tired from a crazy long and hectic weekend.

4. Tomorrow will be the reintroduction of non-gluten grains.  I am so excited for popcorn I can barely stand it.  

I did legumes last night... and kinda sugar too, because I had a few squares of super dark, super pure chocolate. No adverse reactions to either, except to fix my sugar cravings without really making me want to eat more. Yay! Glad that sugar dragon is still in check. So far, nothing has bothered me except dairy. I'm doing things out of order, so I still have gluten and non-gluten grains to try. Also alcohol - we bought some red wine this week and I'm saving it for a particularly stressful day at work. ;) But I might not even need it, I'll just save it for when the mood strikes me. Tomorrow or friday I'll do some gluten-free bread and rice. Then maybe on Sunday or Monday, the dreaded gluten...

Today I am going for dairy.  Started out the morning with actual cream in my coffee and cheese on my eggs.  The cream tasted way to heavy and I went back to my sugar free almond milk for the second cup.  Even the cheese in my eggs I wasn't all that into.  It's sad-- I always thought I loved cheese!  I felt a little wonky afterwards if I am being to totally honest to my feelings.  I'm not sure I even want any dairy the rest of the day.  I have laughing cow cheese wedges for lunch and thought I may get some fro-yo later.  We will see.  I want to see how I feel after dairy and I was so excited for cheese but then-- disappointment.  I'll check in with how I feel later or tomorrow.  Gluten comes on Sunday which works out since we are hosting a BBQ so I will have a burger with a bun.

4 hours ago, TeacherFitJourneyy said:

Today I am going for dairy.  Started out the morning with actual cream in my coffee and cheese on my eggs.  The cream tasted way to heavy and I went back to my sugar free almond milk for the second cup.  Even the cheese in my eggs I wasn't all that into.  It's sad-- I always thought I loved cheese!  I felt a little wonky afterwards if I am being to totally honest to my feelings.  I'm not sure I even want any dairy the rest of the day.  I have laughing cow cheese wedges for lunch and thought I may get some fro-yo later.  We will see.  I want to see how I feel after dairy and I was so excited for cheese but then-- disappointment.  I'll check in with how I feel later or tomorrow.  Gluten comes on Sunday which works out since we are hosting a BBQ so I will have a burger with a bun.

I'm going for dairy today, too! The funny thing is I'm so used to not having it that I completely forgot to include any with my breakfast or lunch. Tonight's dinner is pizza with cauliflower crust, which will have parmesan and mozzarella, so we'll see. Maybe I'll drink some milk tomorrow morning to extend it. 

I had a bizarre, possible non-gluten grains reaction that I asked about in another thread:

But after some internet research (the most reliable kind, not), I just don't think the popcorn could have caused that reaction 36 hours after I stopped eating it. Food exits your body before then--not just your stomach, the entire system. My chicken sausage was probably not cooked through. It was early and I was tired when I made breakfast, and it's not a pink color so it's easy to forget it's raw and needs to be cooked, not just heated up. I did a float test of my remaining eggs last night, which eliminated that possibility (they were fine). Won't make that mistake again!  

No reaction to the cheese on my pizza last night whatsoever. I'm eating the leftovers for lunch today. The cauliflower crust was pretty good, but pizza was never my go-to unhealthy food so I'm not worried about it becoming SWYPO for me. 

The cheese was tasty, but I didn't have the reaction I thought I would. I really thought I would go nuts for it and I didn't. It was also Kroger brand mozzarella, so you know, not exactly fine cheese lol. 

How's everyone else doing? I'll probably do gluten grains on Sunday...

Finished reintroducing yesterday.  I have more questions now than before I started.  I had a reaction to peanuts and dairy.  The 2 foods I ate daily before Whole 30.  I didn't have any real noticeable reaction to gluten which I surprised me because before Whole 30, I would have terrible stomach pain after consuming any gluten.  Trying to figure out what to do next.  I feel great.  I got leaner and stronger the last 40 days which was not a goal.  Tried a ton of new food and broadened the foods my kids enjoy.  I'm planning on another Whole 30 and reintroduction in May and see if I can get any new answers.

Ate gluten grains yesterday in the form of whole grain pasta. I put cheese on it so I bungled that, but I feel pretty bad today. My body is tired and my head hurts. No stomach issues, but I just don't feel well. I haven't felt as great as I did during the Whole30 since it ended, but today I actually feel bad.  

The good news is that my husband wants to do a Whole30 with me after our Italy trip. It will be so much easier to live this lifestyle--and I REALLY want to--if he's on board. 

On my weigh day, I stepped on the scale (ahem...on an empty stomach after a 10 mile run) and saw I was at 218.1 lbs!!!  On day one of the Whole30, I was at 229.5.  That means I lost approximately 10-12 lbs.  I switch between two weighing scales so on Tuesday, I'll step on the "Detecto" manual weighing scale which had me at 232lbs. 32 days ago.

Day 1 of my reintroduction didn't fare well.  First off, I'm learning that I don't like peanut butter anymore.  It actually tastes pretty nasty to me compared to almond butter.  I almost feel as if I'm cheating if I eat something that is not Whole30 compliant.

So, for breakfast, I had my usual typical whole30-esque eggs, bacon, avocado and garlic and green onion stir fried mushrooms.  For lunch, I had leftover whole30 kall and potato soup so I had that; and for my first step back into the "non-whole30 world" we went to kebab place and I had a chicken breast salad with falafels.

I had a huge falafel craving and also had a small glass of red zinfindel wine.

I have to report that the food prepared by this restaurant, which I always in the past felt was fairly healthy, suddenly tasted like greasy, oily, yucky junk!!!

The falafel seemed way too greasy and although I ate 4 of them, I was grossed out by the time I was done.

This is gonna sound funny, but I am HAPPY that today, I'll be back to the whole30 for two days.  The other order by my girlfriend, a combo kebab with rice and salad looked gross to me too!!! The rice looked so unnecessarily greasy.  I don't think I could ever eat rice again, except for sushi once or month or something minor like that.

I didn't add any new sugar to my diet.  I have all the sugar I need with the fruits I bought so I may stay with that for awhile.  I will relax on my food standards when it comes to processed proteins, and will probably have pickled herrings today which I love.

Just a quick reintro question, on the days 2 and 3 of the reintroduction phase, is sugar and alcohol allowed?  Or are the days 2 and 3 strict Whole30 compliance days?

I have to confess, I'm honestly considering going 100% back on the Whole30 program because I love making my own food over eating anything processed or made without me knowing what the ingredients were.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:08 PM, TeacherFitJourneyy said:

How's everyone doing post Whole 30?

Just got back from a 6-day vacation where I tried to make good "food freedom" choices, but ultimately wound up doing about 50/50 as far as healthy food and typical vacation food... sugar, alcohol, gluten and non-gluten grains, etc. So I decided to do a mini-reset starting today. 7-14 days of Whole30 eating until I get my Tiger Blood back, then I'll do another small reintroduction and hopefully carry on with food freedom after that. I can't tell you how good it felt to make my healthy salad last night to prepare for today's lunch, and to have a real breakfast this morning of scrambled eggs, tomato and avocado with black coffee. Felt like coming home! Not that I didn't enjoy indulging on my trip. It was fun. But it's good to be back in control again.

On 4/17/2017 at 6:08 PM, TeacherFitJourneyy said:

How's everyone doing post Whole 30?

Pretty good. I cook at home 90% of the time, and it's still probably 80% Whole30. I have had a couple of pizzas made with a cauliflower crust. I'm eating a little cheese, but not nearly as much as before. I put no-sugar-added almond milk in my coffee with half a stevia packet. Haven't had one dessert or sweet, and no juice or soda. I have let myself indulge in my beloved Mexican food a bit. But at the restaurant, I sub the rice and beans for a side salad. I've had a few margaritas, and wine on occasion. But I must say, I do feel a difference when I consume a lot of these things at once. I'm pretty sure I've stayed away from gluten completely. I just don't miss it! No desire to binge either. 

Today at work we had lunch catered-- Mexican food. I did not make good food choices this time and am feeling the consequences. I'm exhausted and have a headache for no reason! Well, the food is the reason. 

Seems like you're doing well! I have slipped a little bit but keep referring back to Food Freedom Forever for reminders and inspiriation. 

I am facing the fact that I should probably be avoiding dairy.  Ever since reintro I have not been able to properly clear my throat because of extra congestion. Yes it could also be due to seasonal allergies but the timing is on dairy reintro is too obvious for me to ignore. I also think I want to stay away from gluten. Though my side affects weren't crazy apparent I now have noticed some bloating and general swelling the day after bread.  This has to be my new Food Freedom and I need to adjust! :-)

Archived