Finishing W30 next week and starting W30 Round 2 the week after?

Carol

I started this W30 already knowing a bit about what foods give me trouble.   What I've been learning most now is what HABITS give me trouble. Some of those have been addressed wth proper meal planning and food prep.  

I had hoped that I'd be exercising more than I would during this W30, which has been embarrassing because I started working with a coach.   To my surprise, Coach hasn't been worried.  He says he has seen people anxious to make a change in their lives that jump in to 4-6 week diet and fitness bootcamps.  Coach says some folks start  "running out of willpower".  Too many changes at once can result in neither (diet or fitness) goal being reached.   He likes that I'm focusing first on getting better eating habits locked in. 

Spending 30 days on building a better relationship with food sure does look to be a sound investment.

So, why Round 2, so soon?  

I feel like I have more to do, and new habits to lock in.     I need to learn about pre and post workout meals -- they have never been part of my vocabulary before.  I want to create new habits for these new meals, and work in a reasonable workout schedule.  I want to experience what I need to do to make this work all while sticking to habits required for another strict W30.

I'd also like to accomplish this before the last weekend in May (Memorial Day weekend in the US).   The busy time for my volunteer work as a Park Ranger is the end of May through mid October, I don't think I'll be able to reasonably stick with W30 during these months.   

Any reason why this would be a bad idea?

• Moderators

You want to stick the re-intro in there somewhere, especially if you're going to need to know this for May-October when you'll want to make informed decisions about how food affects your body.  How about doing a re-intro between rounds and then your second round can be a WholeCarol in which you can add back foods like ketchup (minimal sugar) or cream in your coffee (or whatever) and start the process of riding your own bike...

I've got some good insight through previous isolations.

Will reintro:  

• Legumes including Soy -- probably OK, but I would like to do a formal reintro during the 5 day interim to confirm this.
  • Non-gluten Grains -- Code Yellow.   A maki roll or two doesn't bother me.  But too much rice triggers inflammation, and thefore my asthma. Will reintro in interim. 

Will NOT reintro:

• Dairy -- Code Orange.   Other than ghee, dairy kicks my sugar demons in to overdrive like nothing else!   I will not consider reintro before volunteer season is over.
  • Gluten Grains -- Code Red.    A teensy tiny amount, such as the tablespoon or two of flour my mom puts in her gravy is fine, but anything more always triggers inflammation.  Guaranteed asthma attack within 4 hours of eating.    I will not reintro, at all.
  • Ginger, ginseng, and tumeric --  Code Black.  Absolutely avoid at all costs!!!  Tell the sushi chefs to not put any pickled ginger on my plate because it cannot even touch my food.  A sore muscle poultice cannot contain these because it cannot touch my skin.

I do like WholeCarol idea, that sounds like a great plan :D

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Carol said:

I've got some good insight through previous isolations.

Will reintro:  

• Legumes including Soy -- probably OK, but I would like to do a formal reintro during the 5 day interim to confirm this.
  • Non-gluten Grains -- Code Yellow.   A maki roll or two doesn't bother me.  But too much rice triggers inflammation, and thefore my asthma. Will reintro in interim. 

Will NOT reintro:

• Dairy -- Code Orange.   Other than ghee, dairy kicks my sugar demons in to overdrive like nothing else!   I will not consider reintro before volunteer season is over.
  • Gluten Grains -- Code Red.    A teensy tiny amount, such as the tablespoon or two of flour my mom puts in her gravy is fine, but anything more always triggers inflammation.  Guaranteed asthma attack within 4 hours of eating.    I will not reintro, at all.
  • Ginger, ginseng, and tumeric --  Code Black.  Absolutely avoid at all costs!!!  Tell the sushi chefs to not put any pickled ginger on my plate because it cannot even touch my food.  A sore muscle poultice cannot contain these because it cannot touch my skin.

I do like WholeCarol idea, that sounds like a great plan :D

How wonderful that you are already so aware of your 'no go' items!  Glad to hear that you're going to be able to get a few items reintro'd to add to your information list of how your body reacts to things.

Archived