I know the purpose of a slow reintroduction but...

LisaS

Before I did my first whole30 I was having a lot of arthritic pain in my hands. As a mosaic artist, it was bad enough in the morning for me to worry about being able to continue doing my art. Sometime during my whole30, which lasted for 90 days, that pain just vanished. However, since going off, and it's now at least a year later and I have been eating everything (sigh), that pain has not reoccurred however I now have plantar fasciitis. I'm hoping doing this whole30 will help that inflammation.

Anyway, I wonder if eating everything under the sun for at least a year hasn't caused a reoccurrence of my hand pain, how will I ever know with a two or three day or even a weekly reintro of certain foods what to avoid?

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @LisaS, I'm slightly confused by your question. Are you asking about which type of reintroduction would be best to determine which foods you react to? Or are you asking, because you haven't had a negative reaction to multiple types and combos of food, how will a reintroduction process help you determine if you will react to something?

Are you mostly relying on pain in your hand as an indicator that you do not respond well to certain types of foods?

• Administrators

@LisaS - You might not know. But if I were you, I would do a Whole30 at least as long as it may take to see an improvement in your PF. (Also, as a sufferer myself, ice aggressively!) You may never experience the hand pain again but it's possible that other inflammatory conditions are cropping up. Try Whole30'ing until you see an improvement in your pain and then try reintroducing?

The trouble with some reintroductions is that it takes a considerable period of time before you start to experience negative side effects and to be honest, the discovering of those particular issues can sometimes take months or years of sleuthing. Whole30 is a good start but ya, you might not figure it out in 30 days.

Archived