April 12th - Day 1

Jackpotb

I'm new to Whole30, I bought the book and have done a ton of research on Whole30 in the past couple days. I have IBS and the best way for me to find out what is causing me to have stomach pain and digestion issues is to take out things in my diet. I think the first week of this is going to be brutal, but I am determined to say no, to not drink, eat fast food etc. I want to also sleep better and more soundly/peaceful without having to use melatonin. I must make it through today! 

Hey @Jackpotb & welcome to Whole30!

Can I suggest that as an IBS sufferer you keep a food log? It's fairly likely that some of the foods you'll be eating on Whole30, whilst compliant, will cause you some gastrointestinal/digestive distress, and it will be much easier to pin point what those foods are if you've got a log of your food that we can look back on should you have symptoms such as gas, wind, bloating etc.

You can start a log >here<

You'll note that technically that section of the forum isn't moderated, although we do tend to keep an eye on new logs to check that folks are on the right track. However, if you come up against problems you can post in the Trouble-shooting section of the forum and add a link to your log for the mods to run an eye over...

Best of luck :)

Archived