Eating out on day one!

RMC

So on day one for me I have plans to go out to lunch with a friend.  I already checked the menu and found a blackened salmon salad with olive oil and balsamic.  It looks compliant to me.  I was either going to ask if the spice rub has anything weird it or just ask for no seasoning....  Sound like a good plan?  Maybe I should ask what they're cooking the salmon with too?

• Moderators

Definitely ask about the seasoning blend -- it could have sugar or soy or msg in it. And ask what they cook the salmon in, and make sure they don't add any butter to it or anything. If you're not comfortable asking once you're seated, you can call the restaurant beforehand, just call during a time they're not likely to be busy, not during a lunch or dinner time. You might find the tips in this download helpful too. 

So I had my salad today and there was gluten in the spice rub so I had it prepared plain and made sure there was no butter in the cooking process.  It wasn't hard to ask and the waitress was very accommodating.  It was delish!

Archived