Starting...Yay?

anastasiamiriam

Going to be starting my whole 30 tomorrow (April 17th). I'm a 19yo nursing student and have gained about 10 pounds in the past three months (stress eating?) and I want to lose it. However, my family doesn't eat healthy, and there's always junk food here. Wish me luck, and any tips or encouragement are welcome.

I started Monday also, this is a re-set for myself and husband. We did Whole30 for the first time 2 years ago around the same time. We felt so great at the end we ended up training for and running our first two marathons within the following year. 

We live in Europe but are moving soon so we've been in an "eat all the amazing European foods before we leave" phase plus I've had a broken toe since February so running hasn't been an option. Day 3 now and so far so good. I'm focusing on all the benefits I know come with a successful Whole 30. For me, I know it will help reduce inflammation and promote healing of my toe and also improve the allergy symptoms that are always worst this time of year. Having my pants stop fitting so tight will be a nice added benefit. 

Best wishes to all!

Hi guys I'm on day 2 myself, so it sounds like we're all right around the same schedule. I started my whole30 as a way to develop a different relationship with food. I quit smoking 2 years ago, and since have replaced nicotine with alcohol and chocolate. And since we know sugar is as addictive as drugs, Ive been struggling with it! 

Anyway, id love to start a little accountability team if you guys are up for it ...

Hope everyone is going strong! 

Archived