Need ideas-help please

Hshortt

Hey guys! I'm new to the whole 30 program. So new in fact that I haven't officially started. I'm giving myself two days to prep and then I'm diving in. However, right off the bat I know I am going to have difficulty with finding things when I am eating out. Can you guys give me a list of whole 30 compliant foods that you can typically find at most restaurants? The more ideas the better. :)

• Moderators

It doesn't really work like that... I can't tell you carrots are compliant because what if they're cooked with butter?  That's why you have to ask questions... you can google 'whole30 guide to dining out' and you'll get some helpful tips on the questions to ask and things to spot, but a list of compliant restaurant food doesn't exist... 

there are things, just not a standard list. Even safe sounding things will have to be questioned. Such as a steak. Is in marinated? in what? what is id cooked with Oil? what kind? butter? is it clarified? see its just that you have to as the questions anyway cause everywhere is different. It can be done but you have to do the investigating to see what is compliant.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hshortt said:

There's nothing? I mean...can I get a salad? Most places have that. 

Okay, well I didn't say there was nothing you could eat at restaurants, I said that there's nothing we can say for sure is compliant because every restaurant varies.  Yes, you can get a salad.  No, we can't say 'salad' is compliant because what if it has cheese, croutons, beans, sugary dressing etc... You need to go into the restaurant that you want to eat at, armed with the info that has been given to you in this thread and ask questions.  There is no 'for sure this is compliant at every restaurant ever' list.

Archived