Forgot to refrigerate mayo

quick question , I accidentally left my primal kitchen avocado mayo in my lunchbox overnight. I put it back in the fridge in the morning. Do you think it's okay? I hate to have to buy another mayo for $10.00 .. help!!!

Eh, if my house wasn't like 80 degrees that night I probably wouldn't sweat it.  Mayo is like 95% oil anyway and only a bit of egg, so there's not a whole lot riding on refrigeration.  I mean, ya, bacteria breeding ground etc etc but I tend to play pretty loose with stuff like that ... I figure it just strengthens my gut microbiome :D 0567.png

• Moderators
5 hours ago, EricaLove said:

Thanks, I put an email into the company but no respsonse yet  and I just found out I am pregnant so I don't want to do anything that would be bad. hopefully they will write me soon thanks again 

Like Kirkor, I also play fast and loose with expiry dates and questionable food (green beans went slimy? Just rinse them off... thats how I roll).  However, I am not pregnant... play it on the safe side... $10 isn't worth the risk in this case in my personal opinion...

Good news they emailed back and said this ...Hi Erica,

Thank you for contacting Primal Blueprint! I believe you should be fine, just check if the smell or look is off. The salt and vinegar content help the product from turning so quickly but always test a little to see.  

Thoght i would share in case this happens to someone else. Thanks again everyone!!! 

Archived