Moist pork chops

Alaska Woman

This is something I just came up with to try to keep my pork loin chops from being too dry. I sprinkled 4 chop with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then  spread a T of homemade mayo on them and dredged them in almond flour, patting the flour into the meat. I melted 2 T of pork lard in a pan at medium high heat and cooked the chops 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second. They were slightly pink in the center. They were pretty moist but next time I think I'll do just 2 minutes on each side.

For anyone worried about having pork that isn't well done, I'll just pass along that my sister-in-law, who is a gourmet chet and used to work at the French Laundry in the Napa Valley, told me that trichinosis has been totally eradicated in this country and that you can eat pork at any degree of doneness you like.

52 minutes ago, Alaska Woman said:

For anyone worried about having pork that isn't well done, I'll just pass along that my sister-in-law, who is a gourmet chet and used to work at the French Laundry in the Napa Valley, told me that trichinosis has been totally eradicated in this country and that you can eat pork at any degree of doneness you like.

Yep!  I was pleased when I learned that earlier this year; it's neat to be alive to watch something actually becoming an "old wives' tale" ;)

Archived