Day 1 april 21

JustJudy

So, i decided it was time to start, didn't want to wait til monday because honestly,   I want to be done by Memorial Weekend.  The tough part for me will be giving up wine and cheese. I can pass by a dessert no problem, but cheese and wine sipping is Devine! I have a friend on day 5 so we are doing this journey together.  Shee is a much better cook than me,  so I'm hoping for some dinner invites. My goal is to see how my body feels cleansed, with a bonus of some weight loss. I don't think i have inflammation issues, but then i guess i just don't know. I do know that all the food i put in my body is not the best fuel for my body. Sooo, I'm going to give this a go. Hope to make a few friends taking  the same journey... Good Luck All.

Hey judy, I did the same thing as you, I started today because I didn't see any reason to wait til monday.  

Like you, I can pass up on sweets without a problem generally (altho I'm still trying to come up with a coleslaw recipe I really like with out honey in it) but cheese - ouch.

Good luck to you, might see you around given we both started on the same day :)

Day 3.. i volunteered/worked this week and made it thru with no cheating. Quite a task considering they provided us with free food all week. I know i didn't drink enough water, but thats better than binging in the free snickers they kept by the check in point. All in all i feel good. Oh and made it thru a weekend with no wine or cocktails. Bring on day 4. 

How's everyone else? 

1 hour ago, JustJudy said:

Day 4 

Feeling good, but just starting to notice a slight headache.  Found a few new recipes to try. How's everyone else doing? 

Wow, me too.  Day 4 and I got the headache this evening that is whomping me. - argh.  I've had a real mix of recipe failure/successes, tonight's chicken (a brand new recipe) was a huge hit with husband, and I had not even thought he'd have any, so there goes tomorrow's lunch leftovers, lol :)  I'm going to have to do some work tomorrow to figure out how to plan meals for Wednesday, I won't be able to make it home at all, and will need to bring lunch (and snack back-ups) with me at a minimum.  

I thought by day 4 and no headache i was going to be lucky, but no luck headache hit me day 4 in the evening.  I drank extra water and just told myself it will pass.

I have a few new recipes I'm trying that I've found on pintrest.  Last nights dinner was a balsamic pot roast. Looking forward to trying a few from the book. I went to our local butcher, which is actually where the cows are butchered, so pretty fresh. I stocked up on meat and got a hunk of tallow that I'm going to try to cook down to cooking fat. I feel like i'll need to channel my grandma for that one. 

Have you joined a group yet? I'm looking for one with a similar start date as ours. 

Have a healthy day :)

Hey there!  Congrats on your success so far!  I just finished day 3.  I've had no headache, but I am starting to feel a little tired.  That could possibly be for other reasons and not so much because of no bread/carbs, so we'll see.  So far, so good, I'm on track.  I am anxious to start making some of the recipes, which I will do this weekend, when I have more time to take my time with the grocery shopping.  We can do this!!!  #wegotthis

Pam

Hi Everyone today is my day 7. Woo hoo a week down. I love that i started on a Friday. I had a great night last night and somewhat of a success. I was invited to a small dinner party for Bass player who was in town visiting. I managed to eat out at a restaurant and stay compliant, and then listened to an impromptu concert at a local microbrew and drank La Croix and lime. It really wasn't too bad. Week 1 down! Bring it one week 2 day 10 and 11 I'm ready for you. 

How's everyone else doing? I'm also struggling a bit on how to reply to post, any suggestions? 

20170427_000533.jpg

My day 7 as well :)  Unfortunately I have nothing really to note successwise for myself - aches and pains, arthritis, gut, skin - all seem status quo.  Actually my skin is a bit worse possibly, I'm breaking out and have several pimples.  This is kinda embarrassing for a middle age woman.  But, on the positive, I can do this.  I KNOW it is healthier for me and I'm certain I can do it for the full 30.  Good on you for navigating the evening!  Keep it up, we have 23 days left!  

58 minutes ago, JustJudy said:

How's everyone else doing? I'm also struggling a bit on how to reply to post, any suggestions? 

To reply to this message, this specific portion of the message, on Windows computer I highlighted this portion of your post and a grey "Quote This" hover box appeared.  I clicked it and it opened up this reply box with your text quoted.  

Is this what you wanted to know?  

Hi, day 3 for me.  I had a horrible headache the last 2 days, but it went away yesterday afternoon.  This morning I woke with a slight one.  I'm actually doing better than I thought. I thought I would miss the cream in my coffee, yet have adapted to the black coffee just fine.  I hope my motivation and 'why' can keep me strong for the next 28 days.  I started the Whole30 because ever since my gallbladder removal 6 years ago, my digestive system hasn't been right.  2 years ago, I weighted 115 and now I'm 141 pounds at 5'1".  My diet hasn't changed, in fact, I've actually tried to watch it more since most foods just cause me bloating, pain, and discomfort.  I did just finish grad school and I know the stress didn't help.  I have body aches, brain fog, and a bunch of digestive issues.  I want to be able to exercise again, since school is done.  I just never feel good, so I'm hoping my new motivation will help.  I'm hoping with the recipes (I bought the Whole30 book and Whole30 Cookbook) I will be successful.  I just want to feel better, and possibly lose some weight.  

5 hours ago, Ryenday said:

To reply to this message, this specific portion of the message, on Windows computer I highlighted this portion of your post and a grey "Quote This" hover box appeared.  I clicked it and it opened up this reply box with your text quoted.  

Is this what you wanted to know?  

I'm using my Samsung Galaxy but tried something similar. It seems to have worked.  Thanks

5 hours ago, Cheilman said:

Hi, day 3 for me.  I had a horrible headache the last 2 days, but it went away yesterday afternoon.  This morning I woke with a slight one.  I'm actually doing better than I thought. I thought I would miss the cream in my coffee, yet have adapted to the black coffee just fine.  I hope my motivation and 'why' can keep me strong for the next 28 days.  I started the Whole30 because ever since my gallbladder removal 6 years ago, my digestive system hasn't been right.  2 years ago, I weighted 115 and now I'm 141 pounds at 5'1".  My diet hasn't changed, in fact, I've actually tried to watch it more since most foods just cause me bloating, pain, and discomfort.  I did just finish grad school and I know the stress didn't help.  I have body aches, brain fog, and a bunch of digestive issues.  I want to be able to exercise again, since school is done.  I just never feel good, so I'm hoping my new motivation will help.  I'm hoping with the recipes (I bought the Whole30 book and Whole30 Cookbook) I will be successful.  I just want to feel better, and possibly lose some weight.  

I wish you the best of luck!  Similar to you, my motivation wasn't as obvious as yours is, but my health is definitely not where I want it, so I'm hoping this will help!  Coffee Tip: use 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in the coffee beans, or my favourite 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or a vanilla bean with the coffee grounds.  I find it helps kill any bitter coffee taste and is yummy.

Archived