I can't believe I didn't check my garlic salt!

I'm devastated...I'm on day 15 and I just happened to look at my garlic salt today as I was doing my big cook-up and saw that it has both modified corn starch AND sugar in it!  I've been using it in everything and I just want to kick myself!  On the plus side I really do feel better at 15 days after eating better and my skin looks amazing but I wasn't having the "magic" I had last time I did a whole30 (several years ago) and its nice to now have a reason (even if I'm just using it as an excuse to make myself feel better).  So as much as I'm bummed right no I'm going to take a couple weeks to relax (I'm currently living in Germany and have a big weekend of festivals next weekend that I was stressed about...fantasies of sitting in the corner eating carrots while everyone enjoys pretzels and beer) and then going to start right back with a whole new whole30 on 8 May using the new momentum, cooking/ planning skills and habits that I've used.  Sucks but it happened and nothing I can do but move forward.  Date on the calendar.  Plan in place.  Anyone else had a similar experience? 

Cue the music (twelve days of x-mas):  

On the first day of Whole30 i found added sugar in every store bought Mayonaise bottle.  On the second day of Whole30 I found added sugar in my taco seasoning packet.  On the third day of Whole 30 I found added sugar in my favourite garlic pepper mix. On the fourth day of Whole 30 I found added sugar in chicken, beef and veggie bouillon, On the Fifth day of Whole30 I found added sugar in Canned Chipotlle Peppers........  Sing it with me:  Canned Chipoltle Peppers, boulion, garlic pepper, taco seasoning AND mayonaise......

Good Luck and Have some fun!  Remember when you come back to Whole30 it will be easy to make yourself up some garlic salt mix that IS compliant!  (Those Canned Chipoltle Peppers come in an adobo sauce which is my favorite condiment for sweet potatoes - no good substitute :( )

Archived