Sunday night, I'm cranky and I want some ice cream and wine

On Day 7, went on a 30 mile bike ride earlier today, I am now working on my computer and I would normally have a glass of wine while I work (not great, I guess but it was my habit) and on a Sunday for some reason, I would also have some junk food. I'm not hungry but the cravings are BAD! 

Today is hard. Like really hard and I'm doing this alone with no other support. I've never used the forum but thought I'd give it a go. 

Today may be hard but I promise that tomorrow will be better and it is so worth it to stick with it. You are so much stronger than any craving.  I find doing something different helps like watching a movie or having a hot bath ....  wishing you the best

19 minutes ago, hmg1993 said:

I know it's not a glass of wine, but I often have a peppermint tea, which can help fill the gap!

Thank you, that is a good idea! I had some kombucha, it feels a little fancier than just water and seemed to help a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also love kombucha or sparkling water or club soda with limes as a "mocktail" type of drink. I feel like the ritual of a beverage--whether hot or cold--is even more important than the actual beverage. But I also know I prefer strong tastes over sweet in beverages, so I try to find compliant beverages that still taste good to me. Hot, strong coffee or tea, kombucha with ginger or even cayenne pepper, and club soda with limes and olives all have a nice feel and flavor to me. They help with cravings for the non-compliant stuff. The olives are also a great idea--I wish I liked eating olives more. 

As I'm on day 13 of my 2nd Whole30 (first one was in January 2016), I'm working even more this time on eating the meal template (enough protein+veggie+fat) for all three meals a day, and eating enough not to snack in between. You might want to tweak that as you go along too--so that the work time snack craving isn't so strong because you're so satisfied from your meals.

Archived