Saliva issues with

TBD

Hi, I'm on day 10 and for the last few days I've been finding I have a lot of trouble eating. My saliva doesn't seem to be doing the job, so I have to just keep chewing things to a complete and utter pulp before I can swallow. I'm drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, and more if I exercise, any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks! 

• Administrators

Hi @TBD - dry mouth can be a result of going too low-carb. Are you eating starchy veggies (yams, potatoes, winter squash etc) with at least one meal each day?

Give us a rundown on your eating habits and meal composition over the past few days and we can see if anything stands out.

PS. Our water recommendation is half an ounce of water per pound of bodyweight...........so 8 glasses is enough if you weigh approximately 120#.

Thanks! I typically have eggs for breakfast (with veggies or fruit), a spinach salad with protein and other veggies /fruit for lunch, and protein + potatoes or sweet potatoes for dinner. I'll try upping the serving of the carbs for dinner and maybe adding some to lunch. 

Archived