Feel like I'm failing at lunch

MistiL

So I'm on day 4 and I feel like I'm doing good with breakfast and dinner but not so well at lunch. For example yesterday for breakfast I had 3 eggs scrambled with spinach and bell peppers along with 3 slices of compliant turkey bacon, lunch the past few days has been carrots with guac and an apple with almond butter, dinner yesterday was a piece of steak with a salad and a few strawberries for dessert. I feel full and haven't needed to snack but does it sound like I need to do better at lunchtime? 

• Administrators

Yes, you need to match the meal template at lunch also. Although you might be feeling fine now, if you keep undereating consistently (basically missing a meal), you're not going to feel well for very long. Cue: headaches, lethargy, poor sleep, erratic moods, nausea, dizziness etc.

Whatever you had for dinner, bring the leftovers for lunch? That's the easiest way to ensure a good lunch. :) 

I wish I could. My husband always devours dinner. Are there any compliant lunch meats? I was looking at the organic Applegate stuff I've seen people talk about but it has carrageenan in it, which I know is a no-no. 

5 minutes ago, MistiL said:

I wish I could. My husband always devours dinner. Are there any compliant lunch meats? I was looking at the organic Applegate stuff I've seen people talk about but it has carrageenan in it, which I know is a no-no. 

Just roast a turkey breast or chicken thighs or whatever meat you want for lunches. Or make a big batch of tuna salad with homemade mayo. The possibilities are endless

I often get a big pork shoulder roast or throw some chicken thighs in a crock-pot and make pulled meat (pork/chicken/whatever), flavor it the way I want, portion it out for the week, and put that on a salad or with a veggie mix or something! Easy-peasy for lunches.

Here are a few of my simple, cheap lunch ideas that I prep on Sunday and eat all week:

Greek salad with shrimp with either baked or fried sweet potato 

Protein salads!!  (I do egg one week, chicken the next, etc)  again with some sort of potato 

Tuna or turkey patties with salad 

I generally make enough for two lunches and this has been working for me great!  

Archived