Rainy Day Recipes

Miss Margaret

Hi, folks - I'm 16 days into my first Whole30, and have been enjoying fairly low cravings and more energy. But...I looked at the weather forecast for the weekend and saw rain and 50 degrees temps. Pre Whole30 in that weather I would have stayed indoors with a book and tea and a steady supply of chocolate. My son's Easter candy is lurking somewhere in his room...help a girl out! Do you have any favorite warm and satisfying recipes I could try, or any recommendations on how to handle this potential stumbling block?

Thanks!

Don't get derailed--don't choose to sabatoge yourself--because of weather (what would you do if it were -10 and ice?) --or because of work or friends or family or . . .

Don't focus on what you can't eat. Remember why you are doing a Whole30. Don't you have some good reasons for doing this? 

Focus on one template meal at a time and celebrate your nutritious and satisfying food. 

• Moderators

To be honest, this is just an emotion you need to process.  You're eating 3 template meals a day... there is no room for snacking so enjoy your book...this is the same sort of emotion that people have when they go on road trips or to the movies or to any other thing that they normally graze through... you're not actually hungry, you're just in the moment of habit and emotion... remind yourself of that... replace that chocolate with a cozy blanket or your cat or a nice cup of tea and don't think anymore about food than you do on any other day... easier said than done, but totally doable!

• 4 weeks later...

I make a vegan cheese sauce with carrots, onions, potatoes, and cashews. Pair that with some steamed cauliflower, and it's almost like mac and cheese!! There's a few recipes for vegan cheese sauce out there, but I always just wing it and keep it simple :)

Archived