Has anyone ever frozen egg cups?

ldmcniel

I need to find a way to make breakfast faster. I'm thinking about prepping scrambled egg cups with veggies in them and freezing them. Has anyone done this? Do they still taste okay? I'd love to have enough prepped for at least a week. 

• Administrators

Do you have a microwave? You can easily and tastily scramble eggs in the microwave in about 30 seconds. Just put in a small bowl, scramble, nuke for 10 seconds, stir, nuke for 10 seconds, stir etc. Until they are the way you like them. Then you could pre-roast some veggies on a weekend and throw your freshly scrambled eggs over those.

Freezing egg has never been successful in my experience. It comes out watery and weird.

• Moderators

Frozen egg cups are gross... 

You can also microwave non scrambled eggs too... get a shallow bowl... crack the eggs in the bowl... lightly run some water into the bowl without really messing up the egg (ie: don't firehose the water into the bowl).  Put saran over, leave a small vent hole and microwave for I think it's about 25 seconds.. you may have to mess around with it a bit to get the timing right...

• Moderators

I make egg casseroles on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, keep them in the fridge, and eat them every morning through the week. I don't know that I'd leave them much more than five days, but they've always been okay until Friday. I did try freezing them once, and it was okay but it made the texture a little weird, kind of chewy or something. 

Archived