Little Appetite, diarrhoea, painful joints and muscles

Hi,

My name is robyn and it's my first time on the forum. Lots of good information.  I have completed my first 30. Doing my second and now on day 23. Been compliant all the way except for one celebratory piece of wedding cake two weeks ago. And it was small and savoured.

I am 65. Have arthritis, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and FODMAP sensitivities.  I have looked and experimented all my life it seems to find a way to feel well and gave up.  

Whole 30 gives me hope and I am highly motivated to keep going. My husband and I are international volunteers working in fiji which has only made my digestive problems more difficult to manage. Not much food choice.  But after the first few weeks things settled and I thought I was on a winner.  

Although I haven't had huge energy increases or pain relief, which is why I'm on my second round, my energy levels don't plummet, my sleep patterns improved somewhat, and generally things seemed to be on the rise.  I have lost weight and can't stop looking at my non-swollen legs and hands.  

I have had a stressful fortnight with many demands making it difficult to keep on, but I have managed to make each meal compliant.   One new thing is raw cashews for variety.  A closed handful most days this last week, aside from that I can't understand why my tummy is in revolt.  I have been on a holiday and given it a rest, only tea one day and two meals yesterday, but still my tummy hurts when I eat and food is going,in and coming out without being properly digested.  I think I opened the cashews 2 weeks ago n been nibbling.

I have supplemented with a few 5 nuts during the day. Could it be a problem?  I feelscared to eat anything for fear it will get worse!

i eat eggs n veg for most breakfast

leftovers or salad for lunch

chicken, beef, pork n veggies at night  

coconut cream in my coffee AM  limit myself to max 2 drinks each day  

had whole fish n salad tonight, water or soda water  2 fruits, mandarins in season here

• Moderators

So your stomach started hurting when you started eating the cashews?  Stop eating them! ;)  Seriously tho, nuts are notoriously difficult to digest...

Your title suggests that you also are having trouble with pain/stiffness and low appetite but you've not actually said anything in your post about these except for the pre-existing condition you have of fibro and arthritis... 

If you would like help with that, please feel free to post a few days of your intake including portion sizes related to the template, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits, water intake, exercise etc... 

• 1 month later...

Archived