simple baked chicken breast recipe?

brent83

So I'm looking for the simplest of simple baked chicken breast recipe(s). I've been searching for really simple dinners. I'd rather bake than fry or grill the chicken. Anyone have any suggestions (including quantity) of good seasoning aside from sea salt? I don't care for anything really spicy. Time in oven would be ideal as well.

thanks guys!

ps - I like to stick to chicken breasts aside from the whole bird or thighs. Breasts are simple, easy to chop up for lunch!

For chicken breasts, I just stick them in a bag with olive oil and a good balsamic vinegar for a few hours (or the whole day-- before I leave in the morning, and I bake them when I come home at night). After I take them out of the marinade, I cover the breasts in my seasoning of choice. Italian herb blends are good. I also really like a cumin/cinnamon combination. Smoked paprika works really well as well. You could also try spice/seasoning blends. For three chicken breasts, I bake at 325 for maybe half an hour. I recommend getting a cheap meat thermometer; it's been a lifesaver for me. I'm not much of a cook, but owning a thermometer takes all the guesswork out of when to stop cooking the meat ;).

I get the feeling these are skinless boneless breasts? Big difference in temp and time depending whether they have a bone or not. I much prefer skin on and bone in. So much more flavor and they stay moist. I simply season them with salt and pepper (although, smoked paprika would be really good like Jo said in the post above). You just take a pinch of each one and sprinkle it over them evenly. Then I would bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes depending on the size. If you are wary of the skin on and bone in..I promise it is so easy to take the meat off the bone and slice it up for lunch.

I did this the other day and it was delicious! Wrap each chicken breasts in a strip of bacon, put in on tray lined with baking paper and bake for 2-30 mins depending on size of chicken. They were beatifully juicy and I cut them up the next day to put with salad for lunch.

Archived