Beehive Restaurant - Fort Lauderdale, FL

JCrecco

The food and service are great. And for Whole30ers who are looking for something besides another borning salad or Chipotle (ironically in the same plaza) this place is great. This is what chef told me when I inquired. They do not use any MSG or soy lecithin in any of their cooking.  These would not be compliant though and there are other obvious items (like quinoa):
Sweet Potato Glass Noodles
Szechuan Green Beans
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Thai Coconut Curry
Baked Almond Crusted Chicken
Parm Broccoli
Fresh Herb Dressing
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

You must try their cauliflower and tuna and steak and mushrooms. Yummmmm!

Www.beehive-restaurant.com

• 1 year later...

Beehive is great because some no-no’s are labeled (soy and dairy) however, added sugar is not.   The boy working there tonight was super helpful to go look and see if the pork had sugar in it (it does; simple syrup). He then later warned me when I opted for roasted sweet potatoes as one of my veggies since they add brown sugar to them. I ended up with spinach and mixed greens as a base. I passed on the kale cranberry salad because dried cranberries almost always have added sugar. Veggies were roasted broccoli, sautéed mushrooms, and brusselsprouts all topped with tomatoes, guacamole and their chimichurri. Rather disappointed that all of their meats were non whole 30 compliant, even the tuna and steak has soy. But still a very delicious dinner!

Archived