So Delicious

Bushwa777

So I have an app that stated that the so delicious dairy free coconut milk coffee creamer was ok and I brought it home from the store only to find that when I did it has cane sugar but the app stated that it was whole 30 compliant.  Can anyone help me out here?  Thanks! 

There is no official Whole30 app out there - it'd be impossible to list out compliant & non compliant products as the ingredients can change from region to region, or from month to month. It could be that the flavour you chose has cane sugar but that another flavour (usually original in these circumstances) doesn't - although a quick Google tells me they all contain cane sugar... You really have to just learn to read your labels - it's a valuable part of the process.

I'd be very wary of trusting any app, website, forum, or social media feed that is not officially affiliated with Whole30.

Hi I know that there is no official app but I did find a 30 whole days app on play store which states that it is designed to help whole 3- participants complete the 30 day diet and it follows all guidelines outlined by the program but not being affiliated with the whole30 yet.  

Maybe the program should also make an app?  That would be really helpful! 

13 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Maybe the program should also make an app?  That would be really helpful! 

See my comment above about it being impossible to list every compliant or non compliant item. Food manufacturers change ingredients all. the. time. It would be a logistical nightmare to try to keep an app updated to those changes (even just in the US, never mind world wide...) without compromising someone's Whole30 experience. As I said, a very valuable part of the process is learning to read labels - that way you know exactly what you're eating and are accountable to no-one but yourself ;)

• 7 months later...

Can I eat So Delicious Coconut Milk frozen desert on the Whole 30?

Ingredients are: Organic coconut milk (water, organic coconut cream), acacia gum, vegetable glycerin,

chicory root extract, erythritol, natural flavors, sea salt, locust bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan monk fruit extract and vanilla bean specks.

thank you. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Shawna Stewart said:

Can I eat So Delicious Coconut Milk frozen desert on the Whole 30?

Ingredients are: Organic coconut milk (water, organic coconut cream), acacia gum, vegetable glycerin,

chicory root extract, erythritol, natural flavors, sea salt, locust bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan monk fruit extract and vanilla bean specks.

thank you. 

No. Even if every one of these ingredients was okay, ice cream substitutes are not, and several of these ingredients are not okay -- carrageenan is specifically mentioned in the rules, and monk fruit extract and erythritol are sweeteners.

Here's the rules:  https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Here's the Sneaky Sugars list: https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-sugar.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I'll also just point out that many companies and bloggers out there know of the popularity of Whole30 and are trying to use it to their advantage by marketing their stuff as being Whole30 compliant. From what I've seen, half of the time the stuff isn't actually compliant. 

If you want to do this properly, learn the rules and learn to read labels. And then read them. Every. Single. Time. 

Archived