Butternut squash "Make it a meal" variation

KellyDD

Hello!  

I'm looking over the 7 day meal plan in "The Whole 30" and for the Wednesday dinner is calls for "Slow cooker beef brisket with butternut squash 'Make it a meal' variation".  Can someone explain this to me?  The only Make It a Meal variation I can find for butternut squash is for the soup.  I hope this makes sense!  
Thank you!

KellyDD

If I remember correctly, at the bottom of the Slow Cooker Beef Brisket recipe, there is a few tips of things you could add to the slow cooker to turn it into a full meal (not just cooked meat). Instead of being a separate recipe, you just add cubed butternut squash to the slow cooker when you cook the brisket, and when it is done cooking you'll have both the meat and the veggies cooked for that meal.

• 2 weeks later...

I roasted the butternut squash with mine. I think they give you three options for veggies to make it a meal, I used butternut squash. I followed the "perfect roasted veggies" instructions and roasted that and carrots. I put avocado oil and salt and pepper on top. Nom nom nom so yummy!

Archived