May 22nd Start Date- Who's In??

Caroline22

Hey everyone! 

Looking for some accountability for my Whole 30 starting May 22nd and will be more than happy to keep others accountable too! Thinking maybe a post a day on this forum or something like that. My Sugar Dragon has been roaring lately and I'm tired of feeling out of control.

Any tips on making it to Day 30??

About me: I have completed one successful Whole 30 in the past, followed by a bunch of half hearted attempts and most recently lasted until day 24 on a Whole 30 in January. I love Whole 30 and want to transition to Food Freedom but I keep derailing on the way. I'm an Registered Nurse that works all hours in the ER.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm also thinking on starting May 22.  I mostly want to do it because I want to reduce inflammation but I also need to have my Sugar Dragon under control and of course lose weight on the way :) 

I have tried to do it a few times but never completed, so I need all the help I can get.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:33 PM, ncgoaliemom said:

I'm all for providing as much support as I can!   It takes a village :) 

I love it!! I agree! 

I'm starting Monday as well and super nervy/excited/scared but overall just anxious to get started. I'm doing it for better sleep and acne. But all the benefits  will be amazing! Do you guys have your houses prepped yet? 

I'm not ready yet.  I have a busy afternoon today, but will be making a shopping list tonight so I can get ready over the weekend.  How about you Amyrotella? are you food prepping or cooking daily?  I think I'm going to have all my proteins precook and my veggies prewash/cut ready to be cook daily.  I don't like soggy veggies ;)

I hit up Trader joes and Costco today! I was super pleased with how whole 30 friendly both places are even in pre-packaged/frozen food. I'll be cooking for one while juggling 12 hr shifts so anything that gets me out of the kitchen and will actually keep for a while is very welcome. 

Some finds @ TJs (in case you guys are interested) : frozen cauliflower "rice", compliant breakfast sausage (and also lots that weren't-read the label twice!), epic bar, Rx bar, ghee and cold brew coffee concentrate.

I'll start my prep on Sunday afternoon..I'm getting excited!

I'm starting tomorrow. I tried it once before and stuck to the rules (ingredients, etc), but not the recommendations (too much fruit, snacking, compliant bars). I'll embrace the spirit of the program more this time

On 5/16/2017 at 9:33 PM, Caroline22 said:

Hey everyone! 

Looking for some accountability for my Whole 30 starting May 22nd and will be more than happy to keep others accountable too! Thinking maybe a post a day on this forum or something like that. My Sugar Dragon has been roaring lately and I'm tired of feeling out of control.

Any tips on making it to Day 30??

About me: I have completed one successful Whole 30 in the past, followed by a bunch of half hearted attempts and most recently lasted until day 24 on a Whole 30 in January. I love Whole 30 and want to transition to Food Freedom but I keep derailing on the way. I'm an Registered Nurse that works all hours in the ER.

I am with you on the sugar dragon and feeling out of control. Tip is food prep

Hi everyone!!! I am starting tomorrow too, can I get in on the action??? :) This is my second time attempting Whole30...last time I only made it a few days, but I feel incredibly determined this time around. How will we keep up with each other...on this thread or is there another place in the forums for us to talk during the 30 days?? 

I am joining too. I have completed 1 successfully and have been trying to do another one but keep coming up with excuses on why to stop and do it later.  My allergies are so bad now I have a chronic cough that is just awful because of them.  I deal with a lot of upset stomach's most the time when I eat because I'm eating food I'm not supposed to. I have eczema and itchy skin which is also caused by eating foods that I shouldn't be eating. For me I will be including garlic, onions, & most peppers because they make me ill. I will not be doing potatoes because they are food with no brakes for me. 

My goal this time around is to make it through the program no cheats

Do some type of exercise every day even if it is only 15 mins

Make sure I have prepped my food for the week and leave enough time to clean the kitchen. 

This is how I prep for my week  on my last successful whole 30. I pick one day to do my large prep and another day at four or so days later to do a small prep. I figure out what my menu is and then I pre-cook chicken & turkey, portion it out into servings and then freeze it. I also do some ground lamb, beef, and turkey, portion them out and freeze those as well. For my burgers I make the patties and then freeze them raw so that they're ready to cook. The vegetables for salads I will prepare in the three day increments. Chop them all up and put them in containers grab ready to go. I will also make up some veggie bags for emergencies (3 day increments) carrots, celery, cucumbers, to have those ready to grab. Then I will also par-cook some vegetables so that they're ready to be reheated. So I'm gonna try to do that this time as well.

This is a large prep. The meat can last up to 2 weeks or so so I don't do the meat every week I will supplement it with other things as well

Our stories are so similar! I've completed one successful Whole30 and a bazillion starts with derailment -ugh!

Im ready for a new round and committed - otherwise there is no way I'll be able to fit into all my summer clothes!

I am a busy Mom and Nurse with little time for prep so I need easy simple solutions that will keep me on track!

Count me in for May 22 start! 

I started today after contemplating and procrastinating. Would love to join your journey!

I cut out alcohol two years ago after my hangovers got my more severe with less and less alcohol (just not worth it any more), so I'm wondering if I have an allergy I don't know about.

Lately, I've been gaining weight around my waist and have been having indigestion and bloating (so much I went to the doctor to see if I might be pregnant or have an underlying issue - nope, just getting older, she said. 

Hoping the Whole30 journey can help me get my digestion issues under control. 

I am starting on the 22nd as well! This will be my first Whole30. My sister, who (along with her husband) are doing it along with me.

I have been having issues with chronic pains in my abdomen that doctors have not been able to source the problem. I have also been having sleeping issues and lacking energy, and digestive issues. I am hoping that the Whole30 will help to pinpoint if food is contributing to certain of these issues so that I can help heal my body. 

I am definately looking forward to weight loss benefits of the program, but that is not my goal with it. Although I do hope to keep making healthy choices after the 30 days have ended, and get myself healthier in general.

i will be doing a vegetarian version of the plan, but without fish. My biggest struggles are going to be meal prepping, as I always have good intention and no follow through. I also worry that I am going to get so sick of eggs! But I hope that I can find enough inspiration with recipes that I keep things interesting enough. I do live alone, so I at least won't have the factor of anyone else in the house tempting me with other foods

Hi all! I just jumped on here hoping I'd find a group to join starting tomorrow, although I'm not quite ready.   I'm laughing as I read many of the posts, as your stories sound like you could be writing mine.... completed one whole 30 last summer, several halfway successes since, and have been half heartedly claiming to try to start again since January! I feel so much better on than off, and generally eat compliant meals anyway, it's just that sugar dragon!  I just pulled out my summer clothes and NONE of them fit me (I got rid of the baggy ones last fall, after my initial success with whole 30)!   My keys are going to be water water water, and making sure I have good tasting lunches and snacks to take with me.  Im hoping to go as raw as possible with the veggies this time around and try moving into the autoimmune protocol half way through.  I am also learning to look at the emotional reasons that drive me to sugary snacks.    

I'm starting May 22nd (today) as well!  Also determined to break my awful sugar addiction!  I have stomach issues and nothing seems to be helping them anymore.  Looking forward to the benefits from my first Whole30.

I love that we have such a big group now!! Let's all make it to the end and we can use this thread to keep accountable and share ideas and motivation. 

Welcome to day 1! Anyone have any great menu items today? I still have to run this morning to stock my fridge with veggies ... my weekend was too busy, but I'm not letting that deter from starting today!! Eggs, black coffee, strawberries for breakfast. Salsa crock pot chicken for dinner and a spinach salad for lunch with homemade dressing. Woo! 

I also need to go shopping still (whoops). But breakfast is eggs with mushrooms and pico de gallo and half an avocado. Lunch will be a mixed greens salad with veggies and a simple oil & vinegar dressing. If the weather holds out I am going to grill up a lot of veggies tonight so that I can throw them onto salads this week as well. I try to avoid using a microwave so salads for lunch at work are the way to go for me. 

So glad you mentioned water - I have such a hard time drinking water! I hydrate with black coffee, so I have to learn to drink more water. 

Eggs with spinach and sausage this morning with cold black coffee. Lunch is avacado, sweet potato, tuna salad with approved dressing and apple. I made a one-dish paprika chicken for dinner that I'm going to slip my family. They'll never know it's Whole30! 

I'm training for a marathon, so I have to drink water and keep my energy up. 

Hi all, 

I'm in as well.  I need new food habits!  I'm a nurse and also a nutrition counselor (oh, the irony), and I eat like a 19 year old frat boy, including the beer and cereal for dinner.  I know better.  I want to bee a good example for my family and I want to stop feeling like a fraud in front of my patients.  I had one successful W30 in the past and a million half hearted attempts.  I am going to try to keep this just as basic and simple as I can.  I'm not going to do tons of wild (although fun and delicious) recipes, I'm going to stick with easy to grill or crock pot proteins, lots of raw or steamed veggies, and potatoes on occasion.  And fruit of course, because I love it.  It's nice to meet you all, and I wish you all the best as we start this together today!

Michelle

Oh, and here's my meal plan for today:

Breakfast was coffee, 3 eggs, cauli rice, and 2 slices of lovely bacon.  I had a couple of blackberries too.  I am full.  

Lunch will be sweet potato chili and maybe cashews? And an orange?

Dinner will be hamburger salad.  Sounds kind of gross, but I like it.  It's basically just a bun less burger with tons of veggies.

I also drink about a million cans of Diet Coke daily, but am determined not to give in.  I may go buy a few bottles of kombucha as a fizzy drink. 

41 minutes ago, Amyrotella said:

I love that we have such a big group now!! Let's all make it to the end and we can use this thread to keep accountable and share ideas and motivation. 

Welcome to day 1! Anyone have any great menu items today? I still have to run this morning to stock my fridge with veggies ... my weekend was too busy, but I'm not letting that deter from starting today!! Eggs, black coffee, strawberries for breakfast. Salsa crock pot chicken for dinner and a spinach salad for lunch with homemade dressing. Woo! 

So glad to hear that you are not letting not being fully prepped deter you.  That has always been one of my excuses to not quite start. So I am doing like you since I have not fully been able to do my shopping and prep. Although I do have some meats in the freezer from the last time I tried to start

Archived