Nightshade sensitivity

If he referred you to an allergist they could test for lots of things.

Is Mirena the one that's been in the news for causing so many women bad problems? Could be related to that.

For the record, i cut out nightshades and it helped me, but i have a huge list of foods and other things i am allergic to also.

I'm not sure if Mirena has been in the news.  I've had 3 of them over the course of the years, and they've never caused me any (known) issues, but I also have never been this tuned in to my body.  Three years ago, if Mirena caused me some inflammation, I would likely have never noticed.

If you can include some probiotocs in your diet like sauerkraut or kombucha you'll definitely see some benefits in digestion. But if the gut is inflamed they are not going to help solve that issue whilst your still ingesting the foods that are causing the inflammation. Once the offending foods are removed then the probiotics will certainly help things along by improving the gut flora.

Natural probiotics from foods are much more effective in the long term than a supplement, but a supplement can be good for a quick fix until such times as the *actual* probiotics do their thing.

Hope this helps :)

Archived