Quick Breakfast

Hello. I am new to the Whole 30. I work about an hour and a half from my house, so I was trying to find a "travel friendly" breakfast idea. Nothing that I have to cook. I need to be able to eat it in the car while driving to work. Waking up earlier to cook or reheat food and eat it before leaving is not an option. Thanks for yalls help.

• Moderators

Nothing that you have to cook EVER?  Or nothing you have to cook that morning?  Because it's going to be pretty hard to find a meal you can eat in your car without having cooked items.

There are a LOT of threads on here about this..google 'whole30 brown bag' or 'whole30 picnic' for some ideas... you can also look for egg free breakfasts and the like by googling that as well.

Anything you can eat at any time of the day you can eat for breakfast so as long as you don't mind fridge cold or room temp food, the world is your oyster!

• Administrators

I had a leftover chopped up sausage, potato salad and a baby cucumber for breakfast this morning. 

Yesterday: orange cranberry turkey burger, sweet potato cubes and some sliced bell pepper

Day Before That: brined chicken, steamed (cold) brocoli, mango and avocado

So basically I just pull whatever is in the fridge out, put it on a plate (in your case maybe in a container) and eat it. 

Go to my food instagram (@stuffonaplate) and take a look. Most of the plates you'll see are leftovers and almost 100% of the time, I'm eating that food cold. :) 

I assume you have to eat these as finger foods because you're driving? Some ideas might be: Hard boiled eggs cooked and peeled in advance. Chopped veggies packed in a container. Nuts. Fruits peeled and chopped if needed.

You might want to prep this food on the weekends in some of those divided containers. You could make it like those "to go" snack-y meals the coffee shops have--a couple of hardboiled eggs, some compliant meat or meat sticks, chopped veggies, some nuts or coconut flakes, and maybe a little fruit--try to get everything on the template in there. Ziploc makes these containers so you don't even have to spend much money on them.

Also, can you take 10 minutes to heat something you've already prepped (egg and veggie frittata, for one, keeps a few days in the fridge) and sit and eat it before leaving for work? Is there a way to tweak this lifestyle even by a few minutes for the sake of your healthy eating?

A single hard boiled egg is not enough protein for anyone over the age of, like, 6. 

If you prep a whole bunch of protein and veg on the weekends (or whenever your days off are), you can have breakfast and lunch ready to grab and go. For a breakfast eaten in the car, olives will probably be the easiest fat, maybe with nuts occasionally if they don't bother your stomach. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, AMY2ADORABLE4U said:

Hello. I am new to the Whole 30. I work about an hour and a half from my house, so I was trying to find a "travel friendly" breakfast idea. Nothing that I have to cook. I need to be able to eat it in the car while driving to work. Waking up earlier to cook or reheat food and eat it before leaving is not an option. Thanks for yalls help.

I make a big frittata on Sunday - dozen eggs, whatever veggies you like, some kind of meat - and then cut into servings for the week. I usually eat mine cold at my desk so you could easily wrap in tin foil or put in a Ziploc to eat in the car one handed :)

Archived