June 1 Reset Start - Let's do this (again)!!

jpags99

Hi everyone. My name is Jenna. I am a single 33 year old in Orlando. I'm going to be starting my second W30 on June 1 to reset the damage from the last month off. I'd love it if I could have some of you join me!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I'm joining in on June 1st as well. My goal is to not give up on myself.

After a school year that resembled a circus, I'm in need of a deep detoxing...starting with cleaning my poor neglected home. 

Looking forward to the adventure!

Yay! I'm so excited you all are joining me on this! My first W30, I was doing it with a friend, but she bailed on me part way through. I kept going and felt GREAT after. Then I started reintroducing stuff and my sugar dragon reared its ugly head again, and all my previous inflammation and whatnot came back. This time, I'm ready to SLAY THE DRAGON and get rid of feeling like a balloon for good! 

Hi, another newbie here starting on June 1st.  I sooooo need this discipline and accountability.  I'd be happy to join this group and try not to ask any questions I haven't already searched for an answer in the Whole 30 pages.  

Sugar, traditional carbs (wheat, rice, etc.) and Diet Coke will be the biggest challenges for me but I've learned that I'm going to need to do it cold turkey if I'm going to do it at all.

Here's to the first day (of June) as the best of our lives!  

19 hours ago, jpulch said:

Hi, another newbie here starting on June 1st.  I sooooo need this discipline and accountability.  I'd be happy to join this group and try not to ask any questions I haven't already searched for an answer in the Whole 30 pages.  

Sugar, traditional carbs (wheat, rice, etc.) and Diet Coke will be the biggest challenges for me but I've learned that I'm going to need to do it cold turkey if I'm going to do it at all.

Here's to the first day (of June) as the best of our lives!  

You're going to do great! 

On 5/28/2017 at 9:26 AM, cristinamt said:

@iteach welcome to the group. It's great to have new participants to check in with. I am eager to begin after a busy birthday celebration. I ate like a champion and I'm feeling it big time. But because balance. 

Thanks! Eating like a champ. That's totally me. Something I need to work on.

I'd love to join and support you all. This will be my 2nd Whole 30. I completed my first in January. I thought about starting another in March but it was just too soon. I've really slipped, more so in not sticking to the meal plans, but in the last week, I've eaten more sugar than I've had in a year.  

I've read It Starts With Food and have the Food Freedom Forever Book. I'm going to work on that more this time around. 

Congratulations to you all! Looking forward to a new start with an awesome group!

Hi, this is my 4th Whole 30 in about two years. The last one was in December. Somehow the careful reintroduction ends up being the careless reintroduction. I can honestly say, however, that each time I eat something noncompliant ,it is with full awareness, if not full enjoyment! Also, I know this is not a weight loss program per se, but I find when I eat only Whole 30 foods, it is much easier to lose or to maintain.

I am not thirty-something, more like 70-something, and my primary motivation is to feel healthy and energetic. I have high auto-immune markers, but no outright auto-immune disease, but this strict protocol definitely lessens any symptoms I have of fatigue, stiff joints, or poor sleep.

On a personal note, I am in a relationship (he is not doing Whole 30, but is fully supportive). I am originally from Pennsylvania, now live in Mexico, which has been home for almost exactly ten years. I teach yoga and meditation, but I am not a skinny yogi! I love to cook, and my two current favorite cookbooks are Whole 30 (the basic book) and Healthy Kitchen, which is co-authored by Sarah Ballantyne (better known as PaleoMom) and another young woman. My problem is not so much the basic meals as the extras that sneak in -- gluten free bread and pancakes, the occasional glass of wine or beer, tacos. I've read Food Freedom Forever, and resonate with the ideas. I just have problems sometimes deciding which foods are "worth it."

So....I am ready. the pantry is cleared out, as is the freezer, and my fridge is filled to bursting with fresh veggies and eggs and meat. I have a meal plan that will take me through the first five days. Let the games begin!

2 hours ago, Jmb369 said:

Let the games begin!

This made me giggle. 

"Choose your weapon wisely."

So glad there's more of us starting tomorrow....and from the sounds of it, so are the kitchens. The trash gets picked up tomorrow and the can's full...and I have 2 more to go inside it. We made a run to the dump to clear out winter refuse (shrubs, trees, boxes, etc.) on Saturday. I think I may have to make nice with my neighbor and use theirs, or make another run. 

Hi all - I'm starting tomorrow June 1 on my first Whole30 - nervous but excited! Just polished off a "last supper" of fish and chips with clamcakes in preparation. Also joined a local CSA and picked up my first bag of fresh veggies to kick things off tomorrow. Open to all suggestions. Am a disaster in the kitchen so recipes are the scariest part for me - hoping to pull myself out of the "Pinterest Fail" hall of fame!

I'm starting round 2 tomorrow June1 also. I really want to make it this time. I haven't prepped yet though so I'm nervous. My plan is chorizo, avocado, and whatever raw veg is edible in the fridge for breakfast. Salad with roast beef and olive oil and vinegar instead of dressing for lunch. Stir fry with calirice for dinner. Then I'll have to figure out what i can eat Friday before i go shopping and really prep on the weekend.

15 minutes ago, Georgina2 said:

Then I'll have to figure out what i can eat Friday before i go shopping and really prep on the weekend.

Georgina, do you have any eggs in the house -- for Friday breakfast or hard-boiled for egg salad? Save out some stir fry to have for breakfast, maybe? Tuna salad for lunch? Those are items I almost always have on hand, even when I'm not doing Whole 30. You'll figure something out.

I don't like mayo so tuna salad is hard. I haven't decided if I'm going to eat eggs this round or go full AIP, but if i do decide to eat them I'll definitely boil some up!

i have lots of lettuce, spinach, avocados, olives, and beets plus a whole roast beef so at a minimum i can eat lots of salads :) 

16 minutes ago, jpags99 said:

@Georgina2

Have you seen the compliant mayo recipe in the w30 book? It's not terrible. Also, make sure your tuna is not one that's seasoned from a packet. Surprisingly, I found it had sugar in it!

I was a Miracle Whip girl so any mayo is gross to me, but thank you for the suggestion. I did try to make the book one once and couldn't get it to emulsify.

Archived