dinner at bartaco

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I tried to find info on this already but nothing seems to come up either in the forums or on Google in general. Has anyone eaten at Bartaco while on the Whole30? I can't seem to find nutritional information for their menu items anywhere. I know a large portion of their food is not compliant but I figured I would ask in case anyone here might know! We have a birthday dinner to attend this weekend and I don't want to bail because of my restrictions but also don't want to just sit there awkwardly eating nothing. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, happyphantom said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I tried to find info on this already but nothing seems to come up either in the forums or on Google in general. Has anyone eaten at Bartaco while on the Whole30? I can't seem to find nutritional information for their menu items anywhere. I know a large portion of their food is not compliant but I figured I would ask in case anyone here might know! We have a birthday dinner to attend this weekend and I don't want to bail because of my restrictions but also don't want to just sit there awkwardly eating nothing. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Have you tried calling them or emailing them and asking?  If you can't find the nutrition info, then anything anyone says would need to be vetted by the restaurant staff anyway because their recipes could have changed or the person answering may be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hey! I actually e-mailed the company and they sent me an allergy sheet with all the info on what is in each dish! Super helpful and my husband and I were able to eat a nice meal out without stressing about it. I'm going to try and attach the sheet to this post but this is what the manager said in the e-mail:

The Tuna Tatako is dairy, soy and gluten free. The soy glaze has brown sugar in it but can be omitted upon request.

The Sesame Ribeye Lettuce Taco does have soy sauce in the marinade, but is free of gluten, sugar, and dairy (without the corn tortilla).

The Pork Belly Lettuce Taco has sugar in the marinade and sauce, but is free of gluten,soy, and dairy (without the corn tortilla).

The Chorizo Lettuce Taco is completely free of sugar, gluten, dairy and soy! 

Hope that helps!

Archived