Still figuring this out

rsodapop

Hi!  I'm almost halfway into my first whole30 and I tried something a bit different for breakfast this morning that I wanted to make sure was okay for the program (yeah I know I should have checked first...). I had poached eggs, a cup of sautéed spinach, half a small avocado, 7 sticks of red pepper, and a small apple that I had baked with some ghee and cinnamon. If the Apple is part of the meal, is that okay?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, rsodapop said:

Hi!  I'm almost halfway into my first whole30 and I tried something a bit different for breakfast this morning that I wanted to make sure was okay for the program (yeah I know I should have checked first...). I had poached eggs, a cup of sautéed spinach, half a small avocado, 7 sticks of red pepper, and a small apple that I had baked with some ghee and cinnamon. If the Apple is part of the meal, is that okay?

Yep, sounds good!  Eggs when they are your sole source of protein would be as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping, so 3-4 eggs to start for most people. Should you not want to eat that many eggs, then we suggest an additional protein (leftover dinner meat etc...).

I would personally treat that apple like a weekend breakfast thing and not an ongoing 'dessert'... not sure if that's how you're using it but just be aware :)

Thanks!  Yes, I was seeing it as a weekend thing....and mainly because I accidentally ordered two containers of apples rather than two apples, so I'm trying to find ways to eat them before they go bad. 

Appreciate the help!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, rsodapop said:

Thanks!  Yes, I was seeing it as a weekend thing....and mainly because I accidentally ordered two containers of apples rather than two apples, so I'm trying to find ways to eat them before they go bad. 

Appreciate the help!

Haha...woops!  Well you can eat apples every day, it's just the baking thing makes them sweeter and more dessert like... chop some up on a salad, put them in a waldorf salad (heavy on the chicken, lighter on the fruit/nuts) maybe make porkchops this week and saute some apples with the drippings... good luck!

Archived